Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2012 6:26:09 PM EDT
Indoor range, 100 degrees outside, 90+ inside with a refreshing hot-air blast from the ventilation system.  Tired, sweaty 60 year-old eyes and a couple folks shooting a 45 a few lanes away.

Now with extentuating factors out of the way, first observation...the gun functioned flawlessly with CCI mini-mag 36 gr. HP's, CCI 40 gr. LRN standard velocity, and WallyMart Federal bulk-pack 36 gr. plated HP's.  The empty cases really snapped out of there thanks to the extractor that is now installed.

The magazine has a load-assist knob on only one side, unlike the S&W MP15-22 and GSG5's, that makes it a bit of a pain particularly for loading the last few of 20 rounds, but it worked just fine.

Trigger pull has a fair amount of soft pre-travel, but breaks “moderately crisply” by my experience with a little over-travel.  I don't have the means to measure it, but the manual lists trigger pull at 6.5 to 8.4 lbs.

All rounds were in 5-shot groups from a kneeling bench-rest position with my hand under the foregrip at 25 yards using the small (<25 meter) “peep” sight.

Target #1, the red-marked hits to the left were the first shots in 2 groups with a one-click windage adjustment between the groups, and I experimented a bit with the vertical hold position in aiming.  The third group in the black is after 5 clicks on the windage screw and I really tried...and it showed.

Target #2 was the next 5 shot group, showed it wasn't a fluke.

After another 60 to 80 rounds of experimenting, my final effort, the 50 foot small bore rifle targets, were the last four groups of the afternoon.  Despite being tired and hot, I managed one nice pattern in #2...yes, that's 5 hits, not three.

IMHO....it's a keeper!  Regards, s/fart
" />
" />
" />
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Not bad Not bad at all

Link Posted: 7/18/2012 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#2]
OH, and that sling....VERY NICE piece of work I found here on the EE.  The KISS 2-point from "LUNG".  GREAT workmanship and fast service at a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Are these made by Walther?  Their reproductions have been spot and on a roll.  HKMP5, HK416, MP 22 and now very nice Uzi .22.

Great piece.
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 11:40:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn.  Now I think I need another 22.  Good review.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top