Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2012 5:10:27 PM EDT
I've been looking at these and wondering how they are. Price over the MP15 22...half of the cost. I haven't handled any of the Mossberg tact so I'm unsure even how built they are. I own a Sig522 and wouldn't mind an AR M4 style. 22 butvthen again I don't want something that feels like an airsoft. My Sig is 6.5 lbs and with accesorries and full mag its probably more than a pound heavier which feels right. I handled a few GSG 522 and they felt like cheap toys and super light.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
it is an abortion of a rifle.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#2]
The Mossberg It is a piece o' crap.  They just stuck the receiver of their semi-auto .22LR in a two-piece plastic shell resembling an AR-15.  Magazine well is a joke.  Don't waste your money.  If you want an AR .22LR, look into the S&W M&P 15-22, but it is very lightweight and toy-like.  If you want to spend about $650, you can get a nice heavy mil-spec AR-15 dedicated .22LR from CMMG.

I'm not sure what GSG-522 you picked up, but in my opinion, these feel anything but light and toylike.  I've got a GSG-5 Carbine and it's a blast to shoot and accurate.  It weighs about the same as my Sig 522, and I actually like it more than my Sig 522 or S&W M&P 15-22 rifles.
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Run Forrest, run!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2012 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#4]
its junk. m&p 15-22 triumphs in all aspects.

in this situaiton you pay a lil more and you really do get a lot more

ediT: i help one and all the controls and such were just terribly done. nothing like an ar-15. felt cheap too.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 4:55:34 AM EDT
[#5]
15-22 for the win.

The Mossberg is not only ugly it doesn't mimic the controls of an AR-15.

I found my 15-22 used at a local shop for $400. I then proceeded to put $300 worth of accessories on it. It is now my favorite rifle.

A poster above mentioned that it feels like a toy, and that is true. But after you shoot several hundred rounds through it without a hiccup you will notice a shit eating grin on your face that makes you forget about how the weapon feels.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#6]
if your Walmart sells long guns, see if they have them. i noticed walmarts in my area recently started selling them&p15-22 for less than what i got mine for a while ago.

edit: also the mags for the m&p15-22 feed pretty well.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Hundreds of rounds through my wife's 15-22, with only one ammo related malfunction. Couldn't ask for a better plinker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top