Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2011 4:34:54 PM EDT
Saw one at a local shop for $89 with scope.  Is it based on a CZ or am I thinking of a different rifle?
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 5:36:47 AM EDT
[#1]
They sell a CZ copy over which I think is marketed as the "Puma". Some of their rimfires are not bad.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
After reading up more info on various rimfire sites I went back and bought it.  No range report yet but here are some pics.

The stock is a little rough but not as bad as others.  Some owners called the wood "Chinese Balsa".

The scope dates back to the 60's.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 6:07:59 AM EDT
[#3]
That's a nice looking rifle for under $100
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:15:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd buy that for $89.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that is Chu wood.

I'd try it for $100
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe that the Norinco model 4's are a copy of the BRNO rifles not the CZ 452's.  While similar, the triggers are different and the quality not quite as good.. I have Norinco KKW -TU training rifle ( K98 Mauser style)  It actually shoots quite well.  I installed a Russian 3.5 PU scope on mine and was getting 1/4in. groups at 25 yards.  In order t get bolt clearance I had to use a DIP (Diversified Innovative Products) 20moa base with a set of tall, 30mm, shimmed rings.  There have been several discussions over at Rimfirecentral.com.  There is one at a local pawnshop for $129, which I felt was a little high.  Pricing of $90 to $100 would be more inline.  The wood feels fairly dense and I think the word Balsa does not quite describe the feel and heft of the rifle wood.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice looking rifle.  Looks to be full sized so it might make a good deer hunting trainer.  Plus the old Scopechief alone is worth almost as much as you paid for everything.  Good find!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top