Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2011 8:07:53 PM EDT
Here's a video I made of me testing out the Ruger BX-25 magazines.

I fail at embedding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnAiPRtWVJE
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome,  I love that 1 of the 2 failures was CCI Mini Mag's!   That's awesome since everyone around here believes CCI's Mini Mag's to be the only ammo that runs "Flawlessly" in every .22lr chambered firearm!

-Masta
Link Posted: 5/27/2011 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice video, looks like the magazine functioned really good.

I can't wait to pick one of these up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2011 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Awesome,  I love that 1 of the 2 failures was CCI Mini Mag's!   That's awesome since everyone around here believes CCI's Mini Mag's to be the only ammo that runs "Flawlessly" in every .22lr chambered firearm!

-Masta

Only one failure on CCI mini mags and that was a failure to eject. Not ammo related problem.
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 8:21:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone tested them with a Norrell pack?

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/30/2011 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like its a fairly good mag then.  
Do you have any butler creek etc you can compare it to?
Link Posted: 5/31/2011 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looks like its a fairly good mag then.  
Do you have any butler creek etc you can compare it to?

I have four Butler Creek steel lips. Two are a couple I bought right after the AWB sunset, they fit better than the BX25 and have run near flawless. The other two steel lips I bought a couple months ago, the fit a little loose and the jam about 1 out of 50 rounds.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Masta

Only one failure on CCI mini mags and that was a failure to eject. Not ammo related problem.

Still ironic,  becides every time somone posts ANY type of ammo problems, even FTE's the next reply is no doubt someone telling them to switch to CCI Mini Mag's that run "Flawless" in every gun.

I will say I NEVER noticed that the factory 10 round mag's had the feed lips at an angle, thus I also never noticed that none of the aftermarket mag's were angled.   Not sure what difference that makes, or if it was only there because the 10 round mag's were on a rotary wheel and ruger just kept the angled feel lips as a 'trade mark' sort to speak with the BX-25.

Anyway, just purchased a BX-25 this weekend, will try it out in the coming weeks and see what she does.   I'm hoping for the best, but no expecting much improvement in over all operation, as I believe the main feed/eject problems are the results of horrable QC in the manufacture of the 10/22's that I own and for that matter all recent 10/22's manufactured in the last 5-10 years, with the exception of the custom built and match grade models.

-Masta
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#8]
got about 3 seconds into it before the music became too much.  how's the BX25 work?
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
got about 3 seconds into it before the music became too much.  how's the BX25 work?

Yeah not my kind of music but the video was great! The mags ran excellent and I can't wait to pick up a few once they are in stock at $25 or less. Thanks OP!
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice test, but why the annoying music.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nice test, but why the annoying music.

The video was kinda boring by itself, watching someone shoot for 3 minutes gets dull. I added some background music to break up the monotony, but I guess System of a Down isn't everyone's thing.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#12]
just bought one...works great
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top