Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2011 11:35:54 AM EDT
Who here has the 10/22 with the ATI Dragunov stock?  

How do you like it?  

I was thinking about getting one.  I really like the folding stock, and I think it would fit nice in a backpack.

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#1]
The folding one is not a Dragunov stock.

I am curious about the folding one as well.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The folding one is not a Dragunov stock.

what he said!

i've known people who had the Druganov on their 10/22 or 60, but it's not what i'd choose.

i've seen older ATI folders for shotguns, SKS rifles and other stuff and not been very impressed. they felt cheap and the locking mechanisim didn't seem robust. i never bout one to verify this, i just avoid them.

for a compact, "backpack" gun the AGP stock looks promising- they're taking pre orders now.
http://www.agparms.com/products/AGP-Arms-10%7B47%7D22-Side-Folding-Stock-Preorder.html

but if you want to make it compact, i'd either start with a "Compact" 10/22 (the one with the laminated "youth stock" and 16" barrel, find a take off compact barrel on GunBroker or have your factory barrel cut down, probably have it set back to tighten up the chamber as well. (good idea on any of the factory barrels) and then mount Tech Sights or Williams ghost ring Fire Sights on it. (the Williams will probably look more at home on the Compact rifle than the Techs.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#3]

they don't list the weight, but without the longer forend and with a hollow butt, i expect it will be lighter, it also looks cleaner and doesn't have the hinge lock sticking up.

ok, it's not adjustable for length. slight advantage to the ATI there.

not shipping until June... probably not a huge concern unless you just gotta have it now.

no rails. if you want a rail mount the factory rail backwards on the front of the receiver and come off that with a 45° mount fr a light, or mount a mini red dot on top, leaving room for a ghost ring on the rear of the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the ati stock that folds.

I also have a friend who had that same type of stock on his ak47.

The stock is not... bad, but its not great either. on the 1022, the grip is huuuuge compared to normal ar/ak grips. The folding action also protrudes a significant amount out from the side of the gun, and yes it folds, its not something you are easily going to put in a back pack. you would be better off with a butler creek folder.

all in all its an ok stock, id go with a butler creek or a tapco depending on what you want though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#5]
FWIW, this is the Druganov or what they call the "Fiberforce"

http://www.atigunstocks.com/p-64-rugerreg-1022-fiberforce-stock.aspx
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#6]
It sucks.  Especially with a bull (.920) barrel, even if you ream it out, it barely fits or doesn't fit the top part over the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 6:46:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Choate used to make a folding stock similar to the Mini-14 folder for the 10/22. I never used the 10/22 version, but did have one on the Mini and it locked up tight every time and worked better than the rifle did.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the input guys.

Im thinking of getting a Butler Creek stock.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:14:03 AM EDT
[#9]
My buddy had the Dragunov stock; he liked it and it has a good LOP.  I have a Butler Creek folder and love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top