Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

15-22 Mod Holland perfection. Beautiful.

Link Posted: 5/12/2014 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The last few pics are fapping awesome!

I made some changes to mine too.
DSC02677 by yalikedags, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Well done. I dig the paint too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 5/15/2014 10:10:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backpacker21] [#5]
Preparing for the Zombies!
First trip to the range with the new Vortex 1-4.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 8:14:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#6]
SEAL recce build complete. 12th Model should be approved sometime this fall. Glass gets painted once I'm certain I like it.

Inspiration:

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:19:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I absolutely love this M&P 15-22.
We shoot it constantly. It's an awesome tool to get kids into shooting and my son, nephews, nieces and friends always want to shoot it.
Piney Mountain tracers are a blast out of it.
We shoot 60 yards with MBUS sights and the thing is right on.
I want to buy another one and mount a small Burris on it.

Did i mention how glad i am to find this .22 section finally?

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had her for a while, awesome little rodent hunter, here's some pics since I never post any.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:55:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh yea that MK12 SPR build is sick!
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:15:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#10]
Been around here awhile, but never really ventured into this subforum. Figured I'd post a couple pics. Most of these have been posted in the regular SBR forum, so some of you have seen them before. There are some nice looking 15-22 builds in here.

Started with a MOE version, added a Vortex SPARC and an AFG2:

Got an approved F1, and sent the barrel off to ADCO.

ADCO (left) threads match the SiCo specs better than SiCo does with their adapter (right):

(Pics with can are all a Spectre II replica I had made to shoot unsuppressed

Makes a good pair with the M&P 22:

(5 shots unsuppressed, the rest of the mag suppressed. Really not sure what happened on the first suppressed shot. Never had the FRP like that with the Spectre II, either on the SBR or pistol)
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:26:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Currahee] [#11]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
Been around here awhile, but never really ventured into this subforum. Figured I'd post a couple pics. Most of these have been posted in the regular SBR forum, so some of you have seen them before. There are some nice looking 15-22 builds in here.

Started with a MOE version, added a Vortex SPARC and an AFG2:

http://youtu.be/ccT3yv3VCuw

(5 shots unsuppressed, the rest of the mag suppressed. Really not sure what happened on the first suppressed shot. Never had the FRP like that with the Spectre II, either on the SBR or pistol)
View Quote

Cool. but why have an AFG if you are just gonna hold the magwell?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Currahee:
Cool. but why have an AFG if you are just gonna hold the magwell?
View Quote

That's just where I happened to grab it when shooting the video. They have a no photography, no rapid fire (minimum 1 sec between shots) policy, and so I was violating both rules at the same time. I was trying to reach down and hit start/stop on my phone while trying to keep the barrel in view.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#14]

I decided to have ADCO cut the barrel so the threads are just past the hand guard.   I haven't got to shoot it yet.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Ironmaker:
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m78/Ironmaker/CCC9EE41-CB0A-42DF-A024-1061FFAF9AD2_zpsx8jqzjhs.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m78/Ironmaker/DD9D02C1-DCE7-479D-923D-9385BB04ED00_zpsdixfwppz.jpg

I decided to have ADCO cut the barrel so the threads are just past the hand guard.   I haven't got to shoot it yet.
View Quote

Better pics

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:49:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JeepinCO] [#16]
Finished product.   I did some two-tone white/gray with laquer stik on it.

A video of me shooting it:  (Sorry for the wind noise.  Bad weather was moving in pretty fast)

View My Video

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#17]
now that psa has the threaded 1522 back in stock for $300, i really want to get one but i already have a dedicated 22 ar. this pic thread isnt helping
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:51:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backpacker21] [#18]
Nothing exciting. Just got the rifle and put on the accessories. Can't wait to get er' out for range time!
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#19]
His and Hers M&P 15-22s.  MrsCheShirt took a shine to the all black one I built after shooting it one day and gentlemen, if your woman NAMES your rifle before you get home, just admit it's gone.  On the upside, it gave me an excuse to build an FDE version.  Now I'm thinking I need something in a greenish....

(Yes, the bookshelf is crooked)
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:12:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Hey all. I need to send my 15-22 in to S&W because it stopped firing. Does anybody have a factory handguard and barrel nut they're willing to sell? Please PM directly. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By TrackSol:

Hey all. I need to send my 15-22 in to S&W because it stopped firing. Does anybody have a factory handguard and barrel nut they're willing to sell? Please PM directly. Thanks in advance!
View Quote

What's it doing? Might be something you can fix on your own. Mine had a common extractor problem that caused FTFs and FTEs constantly; all I had to do was pull the extractor more towards the ejection port. Problem solved.

Unfortunately, I threw the stock handguard and barrel nut away.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm experiencing light to no primer strikes.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:55:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#23]

View Quote

If it were me, I'd disassemble the bolt and inspect everything before I spent money to re-buy parts, reassembled to stock configuration, boxed it up and sent it off to S&W and had to wait.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:51:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TrackSol] [#24]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

If it were me, I'd disassemble the bolt and inspect everything before I spent money to re-buy parts, reassembled to stock configuration, boxed it up and sent it off to S&W and had to wait.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks for the vids. I'm going to inspect the firing pin before I proceed.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Good deal, let us know how it goes.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 11:51:30 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

If that doesn't work, lemme know.  I should have spares of the original stuff in a parts box in the garage.  If I can find the box and find the parts, I can hook you up.  That should leave me one spare set if either of the Mock Dissys get horked up.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Picked these up a few weeks ago from my LGS. Both , out the door, for right at $900.
Pink one is my little girls xmas gift. Magpul one is for me.
Got 2 Bushnell Tr25s from Palmetto.
Found a flashlight mount of questionable Mfg in a drawer, along with an old Pentagon, and a 1st gen Magpul sling.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:42:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: todbnla] [#28]

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:58:44 AM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Love the Mk12 MP1522 looks, awesome paint too. What type of Magazine is that?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks man that is awesome, I haven't seen anything like this on the market, and the 25's are wayyyyy to long.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:15:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Welcome, build quality is impressive & they're feeding 100%. Bolt has locked back on empty every time.  I'm shooting clean burning jacketed subs (AE Suppressor load) but suspect waxy non-jacketed ammo will likely induce issues with high round counts if you don't keep the build-up in check due to the tight mag tolerances. They break down for cleaning like normal so keeping them running reliably shouldn't be an issue. 15 rounds is a snug fit at this point, haven't made it to 20 yet as I don't want to dimple cases trying to pack them in. Thinking the spring is just tight & will loosen up with use. Just got them on Monday so not a lot of rounds through them yet... around 100 but so far I'm very pleased.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 02Overlander:
Welcome, build quality is impressive & they're feeding 100%. Bolt has locked back on empty every time.  I'm shooting clean burning jacketed subs (AE Suppressor load) but suspect waxy non-jacketed ammo will likely induce issues with high round counts if you don't keep the build-up in check due to the tight mag tolerances. They break down for cleaning like normal so keeping them running reliably shouldn't be an issue. 15 rounds is a snug fit at this point, haven't made it to 20 yet as I don't want to dimple cases trying to pack them in. Thinking the spring is just tight & will loosen up with use. Just got them on Monday so not a lot of rounds through them yet... around 100 but so far I'm very pleased.
View Quote

Bought 2, it's going to help burning more 22.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 4:25:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JeepinCO] [#35]
Pics of the rifle I built for my step daughter (she's 34, and you're not getting pics).  I put magpul pink furniture on it and had the rail and vertical foregrip duracoated in "magpul pink" and added a Primary Arms red dot sight.  I got her 3 mags and had them duracoated too.  I also did the M&P logo in two-tone lacquer stik as well as the safe/fire selections.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:48:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Nice!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Pretty awesome in pink for a daughter.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:43:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Pretty basic.  I have switched it around at least 50 times but I think that this is how I am going to keep her.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#39]

15/22 SBR 7" barrel with SWR Warlock 2, stock length handguard.   Runs like a sewing machine with CCI SV & Federal 45 gr Suppressor ammo!  
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By Currahee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg_SnXsHGdU
View Quote

Nice job, dad... Going to shoot some today with my little ones.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#42]

Awesome CAMO job! How did you do it, and what colors did you use? I would love to do my rifle that way. Please share some details with me.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:51:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JeepinCO] [#43]
We got to get more people on here posting pics.  The 10/22 guys are making us look bad!

Here's my 15/22 in Magpul Foliage Green.  Added a Norgon ambi catch, Bad-Ass ambi safety and Kineti-tech muzzle brake

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By JeepinCO:

We got to get more people on here posting pics.  The 10/22 guys are making us look bad!

Here's my 15/22 in Magpul Foliage Green

http://i64.tinypic.com/149axqc.jpg
View Quote

That magazine looks different than those before. Did they redesign them?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

It's a 20 rd mag made by Salem6.  It was a test release, haven't heard if they are going to make a full scale run.  They're ok, but sometimes they don't work perfectly.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:54:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#46]

It's a 20 rd mag made by Salem6.  It was a test release, haven't heard if they are going to make a full scale run.  They're ok, but sometimes they don't work perfectly.
View All Quotes

Who's this Salem6 character? Because my only gripe with the 15-22 is the retarded shape of the magazines.

ETA: Found 'em. Might buy a few.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 11:56:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 3:00:34 AM EDT
[#48]

Who's this Salem6 character? Because my only gripe with the 15-22 is the retarded shape of the magazines.

View All Quotes

They don't have a BHO tab like the S&W mags do.  If you get them you'll want to disassemble them and put a little graphite powder lube in them.  Some people like them, some hate them.  I actually picked up 2 from a guy that didn't like them, but so far they're ok for me.  I'm just using them for the range.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 3:01:33 AM EDT
[#49]

Speaking of Salem6 mags...nice gun!
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top