Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 6:39:14 AM EDT
I went to the the local funshow with the intent of trading my Anschutz Mk12 and not a single dealer at 300 tables or inidvidual would even make me an offer. i'ts NRA Excellent cond. with the orginal sights and a Bushnell 6-18 scope. One comment was "I've never seen one that good, I have no idea what it's worth" , to the biggest dealer in this part of the state would not even take it, as they thought "it would never sell".  MY question is: are bolt action single shot target guns that obsolete?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been buying target-grade bolt-action .22s lately. I went to a big gunshow on saturday-it was packed with young guys looking at 'tactical' rifles, and Glocks and such. No one but a few old-timers like me was paying much attention to the old stuff-just 'Fudd' guns to them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:51:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Limited demand. Luxury item. Made with art and refinement. = hard to sell.

Olympic quarter and 1/2 match rifles are too.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:18:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought mine at an auction. Remmy 700's were going for $50 more than they sell new. Then my Annie (granted it's a 64, not a 54) silly-wet came up for auction. I got it for a song and out of a 100+ person crowd, I bid against ONE person. Your best bet is selling it at a place like Rimfirecentral or on the classifieds here.

Anymore with all the aftermarket parts for the Ruger/Savage .22's, you can part your way into a franken-gun that will shoot laongside annies, they just don't look as good
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Extremely limited market.  Very few small bore shooters anymore.  Even fewer wanting to pay for an Anschutz.  You could try gunbroker, but I expect you'll be waiting a long time to get it sold.  You may try calling some of the specialty shops; Champions Choice, etc, and see if they have any interest.

Not sure I've ever seen a Anschutz at a gun show.  A few of the CMP Mossberg, Kimbers, and 40X's will occasionally turnup, but an Annie?  Never.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

this

it's like buying a rolex and trying to sell it at the local flea market
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#6]
rimfire central, gunbroker or auction arms are probably the best markets for something like that, unless you have a local club that has  some kind of smallbore shooting events.

i've seen Annies at gunshows, but not often.

if you had a dozen 10/22s they'd be much easier to sell.

your rifle is probably listed in the Blue Book of Gun Values, to give you an idea og he value, but finding the buyer in this economy is the problem.

IIRC, the last one i saw for sale like that was asking about $400, but that had no glass, just iron sights.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Most folk aren't going to want a Bushie on their Anschutz anyways. I would take it off and try to sell just the gun.

If it's an elite or Scope Chief that may be a different story, but I assume it's a banner or the like since you didn't specify.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Almost every smallbore club in this part of the state has folded due to the closing of most of the indoor ranges due to EVIL LEAD CONTAMINATION and no recruitment of junior shooters.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Got pics?

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I like mine, and would pic up another 54 actioned one if I could find it for a good price like I got my 1413. I agree, most people aren't looking for them, but they do get comments at the range.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I went to the the local funshow with the intent of trading my Anschutz Mk12 and not a single dealer at 300 tables or inidvidual would even make me an offer. i'ts NRA Excellent cond. with the orginal sights and a Bushnell 6-18 scope. One comment was "I've never seen one that good, I have no idea what it's worth" , to the biggest dealer in this part of the state would not even take it, as they thought "it would never sell".  MY question is: are bolt action single shot target guns that obsolete?

I shot one on the rifle team in high school, and for that use, I absolutely loved it.  But these days, I don't spend my days doing prone/kneeling/standing at 10 yards.  I use different firearms now, because I do different types of shooting.  I've often been sentimental and thought of buying one for old-time's sake... but never do,because I don't know if I'd use it much.

Also, since I'm no longer competing, if my .22 gives me 3/4" at 50 yards (which my 10/22 does with mini-mags), that's all I need.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

One comment was "I've never seen one that good, I have no idea what it's worth" , to the biggest dealer in this part of the state would not even take it, as they thought "it would never sell".  MY question is: are bolt action single shot target guns that obsolete?

No, there's still a market for them. Those dealers are idiots, IMO. I see dealers at local shows here with one once in a while & there's always someone fondling it when I walk by.

I do agree that Gun Broker is your best bet for selling it.

My .o2
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

it's like buying a rolex and trying to sell it at the local flea market

That nails it!!!

The 54 Match rifles have quite a following and are selling for a good price, the Mk12 is an entry level match rifle that should be in the high $300s. Try Rimfirecentral or Target Talk to sell it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:19:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Its now that people are stupid or anything. Its a matter of its their money and they like what that like. No matter how much something worth to us, it may not be worth that to another person. As my old Daddy use to say, "Its worth what someone will give you for it". The problem is finding the right person, the one who really wants that particular item. If you stood on a corner at a gun show and tried to sell this thing you might only get low-ball offers. That is life. To Mr. Average Shooter this is just an old single shot rifle. You have to find that person who wants that particular piece. To them it has value.

I have a old 10/22 right now. Made in 1967 it has good parts that owners of new 10/22's can only dream off. Its worth way more than a new rifle, but to many its just an old Ruger from forty years ago. I know better. I will save it for the right person who knows what it is and why it has the value it does. I don't resent those who don't know or can't appreciate its strengths.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Got pics?

Annie MK12 Pron

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top