Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2011 3:33:00 PM EDT
I remember somebody had a heck of a deal on them last year.  Pretty cool little folder for less than $100.  I think they were blems.  I have convinced myself I need a two stamp 10/22.  A 10 inch integrally suppressed SBR.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#1]
all i use is a bc, been buying them used for 30.00 -50.00
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Two stamp??? what is this you speak of?
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the best stocks for 10/22 SBRs is the Choate folding stock.  I think they are better than the Butler Creek folding stocks.  The Tapco intrafuse stocks are pretty nice too (they make them for the standard 10/22 barrel and for the .920 bull barrels).  All of them would need to have some customizing to work with a 10" barrel.
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I remember somebody had a heck of a deal on them last year.  Pretty cool little folder for less than $100.  I think they were blems.  I have convinced myself I need a two stamp 10/22.  A 10 inch integrally suppressed SBR.

agparms.com is probably the one you are thinking of
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

agparms.com is probably the one you are thinking of

That's it!  Thank you.  ARFCOM is awesome.
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#6]
AGP has been all out of the pre production cosmetic blems since before the ned of last year. but then they were $50 each.

i'm looking forward to them the production versions being available. i think that a "compact" rifle with the 16" barrel, tech sights and the AGP stock would make for a nice plinker... with some trigger work.

unfortunately, i think the production stocks are gonna be $150.

would be nice if they offer them in other colors besides black. FDE and OD would be nice.
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#7]
What made no sense about the AGP stocks was that they made the forend so short that the locking block cut in the barrel was exposed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 10:36:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What made no sense about the AGP stocks was that they made the forend so short that the locking block cut in the barrel was exposed.

That's cause quick release barrel to come.
Link Posted: 2/14/2011 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Me personally, If I'm going for a super light SBR 10/22, I would go Houge. Their stocks may not be the most accuate, but they are light as hell.

The folder would be nice to havem but since I am in an AWB state, the Houge would be my coice.
Link Posted: 2/15/2011 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Two stamp??? what is this you speak of?

1.  Suppressor

2.  SBR (short barreled rifle)

To legally own either, one must pay a tax to the gubmint.  Upon approval of the transfer, the form is returned with a tax stamp attached to it.  The stamp is similar to those found on cigarette packs (but larger in size, bigger than a postage stamp).

Link Posted: 2/15/2011 7:44:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Me personally, If I'm going for a super light SBR 10/22, I would go Houge. Their stocks may not be the most accuate, but they are light as hell.

Absolutely.  If I had to tote a rifle in the field for hours, this would be it.  

Btw, although I agree that a Hogue isn't a bench-rest, first-choice, they can be made to be very accurate (paging batmanclaw).
Here's a 2-stamper; 12.25" Tactical Solutions lightweight barrel:

Link Posted: 2/15/2011 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

...  I have convinced myself I need a two stamp 10/22.  A 10 inch integrally suppressed SBR.

Yes, you do. It's the funnest little rig you'll ever shoot.  
Have you considered chopping a Choate?
(not mine)

Link Posted: 2/16/2011 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I second going with a Choate, that pic inspired me to build this.

" />
Link Posted: 2/16/2011 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a Choate folder on a SBR HK and dang that thing is a heavy little sucker. I think a lot of it is solid steel. Just the rear section of it has got to be well over a pound, maybe two. I'd take an ACE or something polymer over it any day of the week.
Link Posted: 2/16/2011 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Yep, the Choates are solid.

You could always roll your own.  I made this one from a standard Ruger stock, just for the heck of it.  10" Charger barrel:

Link Posted: 2/17/2011 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Parshooter - I like that optics package you go there? Which model Leupold is that and what rings and base are you using?

Quoted:
...although I agree that a Hogue isn't a bench-rest, first-choice, they can be made to be very accurate (paging batmanclaw).

Do you have a link to a thread that details (or at least outlines) what batmanclaw did to his Hogue stock? I did a search for "batmanclaw" but had not luck. Thanks

Link Posted: 2/17/2011 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Parshooter - I like that optics package you go there? Which model Leupold is that and what rings and base are you using?
Quoted:

...although I agree that a Hogue isn't a bench-rest, first-choice, they can be made to be very accurate (paging batmanclaw).

Do you have a link to a thread that details (or at least outlines) what batmanclaw did to his Hogue stock? I did a search for "batmanclaw" but had not luck. Thanks

Sorry, I had the screen name incorrect but was thinking of this comment probably, from back at the end of December in a thread here about bedding the Hogue:

Quoted:

There is not a single possible reason to bed a 10/22 in a hogue stock.
Just make sure its free floated and shoot the darn thing. The way the
action and trigger group hold the stock, there is no advantage what so
ever to screwing with it further. Just make sure that the back end of
the action is tight to the stock. I have glued shims into the stock to
pull down on the back of the action by making the fit of the pivot point
tighter on the bottom. Only needed to do that once.

You will
find lots of folks who will claim bedding a hogue made their rifle shoot
better, but they are always short on showing proof.

The rings, inserts and base pictured above in the Hogue setup are Larue, low QD.  The scope is a VX-II, 4-12x40AO w/ Long Range Duplex reticle and Leupold flip-up covers.  The additional cross-posts in the reticle are really handy for longer range plinking.

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 4:18:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yep, the Choates are solid.

You could always roll your own.  I made this one from a standard Ruger stock, just for the heck of it.  10" Charger barrel:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/parshooter/IMG_0396.jpg

That is a nice looking rig.  Well done!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top