Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2011 9:12:50 PM EDT
Looking for a sling for my S&W M&P 15 22. Looking to spend under $40. Want something tactical looking to go with the look of the rifle. having trouble finding something that fits good and looks good. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I really like Specter tactical slings which are sold by Brownell's and a lot of other vendors. I I have several of the Special operation patrol slings (SOP) which are 1.5" wide.  Basically the same sling as CQB which is 1" wide.  These are 3 point slings and are very versatile, quickly adjustable with built in quick adjuster and quick release.   This sling offers several options on method of carry.  I think its the best 3 point sling I've ever been around.  The design is similar to my first Blackhawke sling just improved.  I prefer the 3 point sling on any rifle I might carry a lot but for my bench rest rifles I usually use a 2 point sling with a quick disconnect so I can attach it to my Harris bipod.   Brownell's part number M-4  CQB #100-000-730,  SOP M-4 #100-000-799.   I have several with the M-4 side barrel sling swivel mount which I use with fixed front sight rifles and on one rifle with a 4 rail gas block.   This side mount doesn't get in the way of a bipod.  The standard mount uses a velcro strap around the end of the handguard for a sling attachment point which gets in the way if you try to mount a bipod on a sling swivel stud mounted on the bottom of the hand guard.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I too wanted a sling for my 15-22. I had a spare Specter Gear sling from a Benelli M2 floating around. I used the 1" to 1 1/2" adapter and ran it through the holes in the handgarurd for a front point, then ran the second point at the back through the slot in the stock. Makes for a perfect lightweight set-up. Only problem is that it isn't a quick de-tach. I like 3 point slings for my tactical rifles, and use 2 point slings on hunting rifles.

YMMV. I will post a few pics tonight of how I set it up. I like it allot because I didn't need to buy a front sling attachment point.

ETA: Pics As Promised

Whole Rifle

Front attachment

Rear attachment
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess there is so much out there. I want a sling that I can remove quickly. Looking at something that will mount using the rails.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#5]
do you have the MOE version, or the standard version of the 15-22?

the MOE version has QD swivel mounts in the stock and the rear of the reciever.

the standard version only has the mounting locations in the M4 waffle stock.

i got one of these Troy sling mounts from AIM $27 with free shipping.
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XTSMOUCOM00BT&name=Troy+Industries+Rail+Mountable+Sling+Combo+Mount&groupid=85

it's got the hole for the QD sling swivel, but i'm just running a standard GI "silent sling" which was about $5 from the local shop.

AIM has other sling mounts that don't have the loop, just the QD mount so if you have the MOE version you could add one QD point in front.

but there's a boatload of "tac slings" out there. it's a matter of what style you like, some have just too much webbing IMHO and are like fucking an octopus.

unfortunately, S&W didn't make something like this in polymer, just for a web sling (non QD) and include it with the rifle.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top