Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2010 4:56:24 PM EDT
I just brought a brand new 10/22. Was going to take it to the range tomorrow to try it out. I get it apart, clean it, and put it back together. Come to find out the trigger will not release the hammer. I could not dry fire it at the store due to a trigger guard. The safety button is real loose, and drifts to the fire side. It seems like it wants to come out on that side. Is there anything I can do to fixed it without sending it back to Ruger? The gunsmith I use is closed untill monday. Need help.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you fully disassemble the trigger group/assembly?
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you are missing the little spring under the safety . DID you take the trigger completely apart?

Call and Send the trigger group into Ruger if you don't know how to fix.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 6:32:24 AM EDT
[#3]
No i didn't take the trigger apart. Just out to clean the receicer and bolt.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm, did any pins fall out?

If not, you will want to call Ruger on Monday and see if they can trouble shoot it with you and see if you have to go any farther than a phone call.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No i didn't take the trigger apart. Just out to clean the receicer and bolt.

Did you get it fixed? Where in Texas are you located?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Still waiting to hear back from Ruger if I need a RMA number or anything before I send it back. I sent them a e-mail friday afternoon.I am in Houston.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry in advance for the hijack.

I've seen a lot of places where taking the trigger group apart seems like it is suggested as a terrible thing to do. Do people have a lot of problems with reassembling the trigger group, or is it just the possibility of losing parts?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Try rotating the safety 180'.  This happend to me and that was the fix.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Still waiting to hear back from Ruger if I need a RMA number or anything before I send it back. I sent them a e-mail friday afternoon.I am in Houston.

Too bad; I'm in DFW and could have probably helped you get it back together without having to ship it off to Ruger...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top