Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2009 10:57:54 AM EDT
Hello All,

Is the Bushnell 3-9x32 .22 Rimfire Scope any good.  At only 39 bucks I assume its not that great.  Just wondering if anyone here has tried it.  Prob do some short range plinking and use it for hunting small game in a SHTF scenario.

Also looking at the

Mueller 4.5-14x40 APV Riflescope $114
Weaver 3-9x32 Classic Rimfire Rifle Scope $219

Is the Weaver worth twice the Mueller?  Any others I should be looking at?  Would like to stay in the 100-150 range but will pay more if the above scopes are junk.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/18/2009 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Companies to look at:

Leupold
Bushnell
Burris
Weaver
Mueller

You will pretty much get what you pay for. I would not spend less than 100-125. The scope does not have to be made for a rimfire but should be able to focus in on targets up close. This is why I like parallax adjustments.
This will guarantee you an accurate durable scope.
Link Posted: 8/18/2009 10:58:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Companies to look at:

Leupold
Bushnell
Burris
Weaver
Mueller

You will pretty much get what you pay for. I would not spend less than 100-125. The scope does not have to be made for a rimfire but should be able to focus in on targets up close. This is why I like parallax adjustments.
This will guarantee you an accurate durable scope.

+1 good advice.
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#3]
that is the scope i have  its not the best but i can get 10 shot groups slightly smaler then a quarter at 50 yard im im no expert  (   well actualy in the army i was but you had a lot bigger target)
Link Posted: 8/27/2009 4:35:06 AM EDT
[#4]
i had one and it came broken, replaced it and it brokw soon after some use.. I got what i paid for, not have a much better scope for my next 10/22 project
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 10:56:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I put the Bushnell 3x9x32 rimfire scope on my 10-22 and it was broken within 100 rounds. The retical started rotating in the tube. I sent it back to Bushnell and they replaced it at no charge. It now resides on my Savage mk2 bolt gun and is very happy there. The bolt slamming into the back of the reciever of the 10-22 killed it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:17:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I am compelled to pimp out Sightron as a suggestion.  The SI 3-9x40 is my favorite cheap scope.  I had  a cheap bushnell once...never again...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top