Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2009 5:02:16 PM EDT
Being I'm a Jeweler and Watchmaker, I'm the curious type. There's not a gun made I can't improve the trigger on.
But, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the selector safety from the trigger group.
Anyone done one yet?
Jackal2000, you out there on this one?!?!
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 4:54:02 AM EDT
[#1]
If it is like the safety on a regualr AR there are a couple of ways to remove it.

1st:
Remove the grip and the spring and detent should fall out. After that the safety should slide right out.

2nd:
No need to remove the grip. Place the selector swith half way between safe and fire with the hammer cocked. Tap the safety from the right to left and it should pop out. To install, make sure the hammer is cocked push the safety back in then use a small flat tip screwdriver to push down on the detent while forcing the safety back into place. I use this mthod all the time because it is quicker and easier than removing the grip as well as the fact there is no way to lose the detent and spring.

Dolomite
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 2:32:36 AM EDT
[#2]
let us know if you can improve the trigger
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:38:12 PM EDT
[#3]
No luck so far. UMAREX told me they will not tell me how to do it due to "liability".
How nice...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No luck so far. UMAREX told me they will not tell me how to do it due to "liability".
How nice...

Can you take pics of the trigger parts and post them?

It would be interesting to see what they are doing different.

Thanks
Gordon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top