Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2009 12:53:12 PM EDT
Just bought one of these...anyone like 'em?
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one last year and love it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 2:16:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I bought one last year and love it.

Same here !!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Had one, sold it.  Less accurate, less reliable, and less handy than a good .22 auto pistol.  The detachable barrel makes the zero on a scope or receiver sight questionable at best.  The heavy trigger, light barrel and overall poor balance make it nearly impossible to shoot accurately from the shoulder and even from a rest, I could do better with a Ruger MKII.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 3:58:14 AM EDT
[#5]
This is on my "to buy" list also.  I really can't find too many people that have anything bad to say about it.  Go to youtube and check out nuthnfancy's review.  It's good.

Rick
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I love mine.  Kind of a PITA to adjust windage on the iron sights, but other than that it's great.  I'm considering putting a very lightweight red dot or low magnification optic on it for tree rat hunting.

Just make sure you get the barrel nut good and tight.  Use the wrench that comes with the gun.  Hand tightening is not sufficient.  Use the wrench, and tighten it with conviction.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#7]
The Papoose was my first firearm.. I love it.. Shoots like a dream.. I don't know how many gophers I've killed with that thing but it's been a lot! I had a scope on it when I was younger but took it off and just use iron sights. I picked up a 15rd and 25rd mag over the years at local gunshows.. Always on the lookout for more but are pretty rare from what I've seen.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Went to the range this morning...it shot to POA at 25 yards and functioned 100% with high velocity and subsonic ammo...very, very pleased!
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine just gave up the ghost with under 250 rounds fired. Trgger wont reset. Bad disconnector spring. Waiting on parts to get it running again.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:39:30 AM EDT
[#11]
The only problem I had with mine was really my fault, at least I think it was.  It was either when I broke it down for cleaning, or I've got a bad magazine, but my ejector got bent a bit.  It was enough that it interfered with the bolt stripping a round out of the magazine.  Problem correct with a pair of pliers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 2:04:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got one.  Probably not the best choice for my first .22 but it's neat.  The lack of a forearm makes shooting a little more difficult but it weighs so little that it's not really a problem.  I suppose you could fashion a forearm for it if you wanted.  Mine won't run Federal bulk for plinking but Remington and Winchester are 100%
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Its so light that the lack of a forearm doesn't bother me at all.  I just grip the front of the stock kind of like a mag well grip for an AR or AK.  I have held the barrel before, but I prefer the short stock grip.  I can shoot it as well with iron sights as I can a 10/22 carbine and it weighs less.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:47:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Here I had envisioned a complicated wooden forearm and I overlooked something simple like hose.  Great idea raf.  I did think to paracord wrap it but the rear sight would make that rather dificult.  I usually just grip the front of the stock or cross my arms (hard to explain but it works).  The weight doesnt bother me at all, if it were ballanced right you could probably shoot it like a pistol, it just seems odd shooting a gun with no forearm.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:10:29 AM EDT
[#17]
It sounds like a good suppressor host.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:31:07 AM EDT
[#18]
You can get an integrally supressed barrel but it's rather expensive.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=125415943
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I purchased my Papoose back in early September. I bought it primarily for hunting/shooting spruce hens while out moose hunting or just walking the trails near where I go camping.

A .338 Win Mag would be a huge waste of ammo + it would rip the poor spuce hen all to pieces.  

I wanted something that was "LITE" because I would also be carrying my primary hunting rifle at the same time (the Papoose would be broken down and in a backpack). At the same time, it had to also be fairly accurate. I shot a hen that was perched in a tree about 30ish yards, and the shot took its head clean off.   Becaue the sights are mounted on the barrel, accuracy is great for what I'm using it for. Now if you were going to use a scope, I think the accuracy would suffer and go right down the toilet, because of the removable barrel as this scope would mount on the receiver, not the barrel.

I also like the fact that a about four extra magazines are smaller that a tin of Altoids and can easily fit in a shirt pocket.

For $250, its a fantastic little rifle and I'm certain I will enjoy shooting it for years to come.  Also make a great little rifle for teaching kids to shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top