Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2008 1:19:38 AM EDT

OTHER THAN A MUELLER!? (I already have them on a couple of my 10/22's and want something different)  what scopes have you guys had good luck with? I'm looking at a savage bolt action, and wondering what kind of scope I should put on it. thanks for the imput guys
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:34:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
OTHER THAN A MUELLER!? (I already have them on a couple of my 10/22's and want something different)  what scopes have you guys had good luck with? I'm looking at a savage bolt action, and wondering what kind of scope I should put on it. thanks for the imput guys

I put a Browning scope on my Savage 22LR bolt gun. It is a Bushnell Elite 3200 series 4-9x40 made for Browning. I also have a Elite 3200 4-9x40 on my Charger pistol. A search will often find them under $200 and they can't be beat for the price. Elite 3200s  are also on my Savage 10FP .308 and Bushmaster AR.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:40:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I stuck a 4-14 AO Famous Maker air rifle scope on my .22. Glass is clear it has mil dots and holds zero. My cost was $45.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:37:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple Center Point scopes and a couple from Nikko Stirling also. Glass on
both is very good. Both have side AO and hold POI regardless of the power setting. If
you are looking to go on the cheap, cheap, you might try the Simons 22Mag scope, so
far mine has held up well......

Nikko

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm running this on my .22, a Bushnell Air Gun Scope. It's not the prettiest scope, but it seems to be pretty tough. AO is nice on a .22, focuses down to 7.5 yds.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one of these and I love it. It is mounted on a AR in .22.

Burris 2-7x35 Fullfield II Tactical Rifle Scope

Dolomite
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I too run a Browning, excellent optics and price.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I am going off the criteria, that when anyone says a cheap scope, they are saying LESS THAN 100 BUCKS.
 This is, without a doubt, the best scope under 100 bucks, but better than that, it is the best scope for under 50 bucks as well.

What is it you may ask, it is the Tasco golden antler series.  it only comes in the hard plastic package, not a box.  They make them in runs, like ammo companies make bullets, then they don't make them for a while.  I have seen these come up, every now and then, over the last 5 years.  they have been making them for about 10 years, maybe 15.
 When you read the package, it says, ADULT, SPRING PISTON, BREAK BARREL RATED.
Which means it can take the recoil of a heavy, spring piston rifle, so you know it is built like a tank.  And they are, trust me, when you pick up one of these, you feel like you could
throw it through a brick wall...
Also it is a 3.9.32, so it is not so huge, that it overpowers the size of your rifle.
It has oversized, very positive clicking target turrets, 1/4 adjust, that is very repeatable.
No caps on them, so nothing to fiddle with, or lose.
 The best part?  usually a scope this good, with an objective bell this small, either does not have an AO ring, or if it does, it is on a higher end scope, costing a lot more money.
this has a AO ring, that is adjustable down to either 7.5 meters or feet.  Which is totally awesome!!!!  Even the rings/bases that come with, are very nicely built.
 This scope will cost you , depending on where you get it, between 35 and 50 dollars.
The last place i saw them was at the Gander mountain, just across from College Station,
Texas A/M, down in Bryan.  I suppose if you want one for sure, you could call them up, and ask them if they would ship one to you...
 It is similar to the bushy listed above, but I like the turrets better, and I like the eyepiece better, a bit slimmer, and a bit longer erector tube, on the eyepiece side, so a tad more adjustment room , forward and back.  Being cheaper cost doesn't hurt either.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:48:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh yeah, there is another golden antler as well, but it is non air rifle rated, and it does not have an AO ring on it... so be carefull.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I like my Simmons 22 mag 4x. For a .22 I just don't have the need for anymore magnification than 4x. The optics are very clear and the scope is strong. (Fell of the bench attached to the rifle 3' and all it had was a little scrape. I believe I got it for $30 shipped.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I put a 2.5x Tasco on one of my 10/22's. $18 at Wal-Mart and I like it. Has a ring in the center as well as the cross hairs.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am going off the criteria, that when anyone says a cheap scope, they are saying LESS THAN 100 BUCKS.

It must have been the "criteria" in another post as the question was "Good, inexpensive scope for a 22? "
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:54:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
 This is, without a doubt, the best scope under 100 bucks, but better than that, it is the best scope for under 50 bucks as well.
i13.photobucket.com/albums/a284/pmullineaux/opticsplanet_2009_401068623.gif

What is it you may ask, it is the Tasco golden antler series.  it only comes in the hard plastic package, not a box.  They make them in runs, like ammo companies make bullets, then they don't make them for a while.  I have seen these come up, every now and then, over the last 5 years.  they have been making them for about 10 years, maybe 15.
 When you read the package, it says, ADULT, SPRING PISTON, BREAK BARREL RATED.
Which means it can take the recoil of a heavy, spring piston rifle, so you know it is built like a tank.  And they are, trust me, when you pick up one of these, you feel like you could
throw it through a brick wall...
Also it is a 3.9.32, so it is not so huge, that it overpowers the size of your rifle.
It has oversized, very positive clicking target turrets, 1/4 adjust, that is very repeatable.
No caps on them, so nothing to fiddle with, or lose.
 The best part?  usually a scope this good, with an objective bell this small, either does not have an AO ring, or if it does, it is on a higher end scope, costing a lot more money.
this has a AO ring, that is adjustable down to either 7.5 meters or feet.  Which is totally awesome!!!!  Even the rings/bases that come with, are very nicely built.
 This scope will cost you , depending on where you get it, between 35 and 50 dollars.
The last place i saw them was at the Gander mountain, just across from College Station,
Texas A/M, down in Bryan.  I suppose if you want one for sure, you could call them up, and ask them if they would ship one to you...
 It is similar to the bushy listed above, but I like the turrets better, and I like the eyepiece better, a bit slimmer, and a bit longer erector tube, on the eyepiece side, so a tad more adjustment room , forward and back.  Being cheaper cost doesn't hurt either.

I'll keep my eye out for one of them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#13]
My 10/22's have always worn 4x bushnell banner scopes.  Very acceptable for the price (+/_ $60).

- AG
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#14]
In the 1990s I got a 10/22 for $35 and a Simmons 22 mag 4X scope for $37.

Thousands of rodents died.

If the scope never gets adjusted after initial sight in
If the scope never gets rain
If the scope never gets center fire recoil
If the scope never gets used on an important shot
If the scope never gets used on  high magnification
If the scope never gets used to pick Golden brown hair out of dirt brown background
If the scope never gets used at twilight

Then a cheap scope is just fine.

I lost my 10/22 last year.
I bought two new replacent 10/22s [SS Shilen in Bentz 22LR and Lothar Walther 17M2] and spent $1k with Leupold scopes.

I miss my old 10/22 with the cheap scope.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top