Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 5:14:44 PM EDT
Has anyone taken one of these apart or have pictures of one taken apart? I've only seen pictures of them online, but they seem kind of big for only holding 50 rounds. What else is in there? Do the rounds just line up around the outer edge of the drum?

I'm curious but I don't want to buy one just to wreck by taking apart, so I want to see if someone else's curiosity can save me some money.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The inner part looks like a large sprocket. The rounds are held on the outside edge against the inside of the drum. The coil spring is wound around a post on the 'sprocket' and a tab on the drum.

I had to lightly file the outside magwell portion on mine to get it to function properly. There needs to be a bit of play when it is inserted. If it locks up too tightly, FTF will occur. Easy to fix.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The inner part looks like a large sprocket. The rounds are held on the outside edge against the inside of the drum. The coil spring is wound around a post on the 'sprocket' and a tab on the drum.

Thanks , about what I expected, I wonder why they didn't go for more capacity?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#3]
rimfire cartridges are hard to stack i've been told, which is why large cap mags dont work so great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top