Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2008 9:03:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Unshim the scope base and shim the barrel. I used duct tape for a temporary fix, between the barrel and stock, but that's not the best way to go. This condition is called barrel "droop". It's common with heavy aftermarket barrels and stocks.

Another fix is to use a scope mounting system that attaches to the barrel, not the action, but you still want your barrel to be straight in relation to the action... The guys over on Rimfirecentral.com are very, VERY helpful.

Here's a link to their site. LINKY There's a thread near the top, right now, illustrating this very common problem. Good luck with your rifle.

Take some time and read some posts, stickies and then ask away. You will solve any and every problem you can imagine. Awesome resource, for certain.

Link to the items below at Hawktecharms.com. (6th and 7th items down on the page..) LINKY

*Rimfire Technologies Custom Modified V-Block

*Rimfire Technologies Micro-Pivot Adjustable Bedding Kit

Link Posted: 5/27/2008 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on rimfirecentral
also i was chasing droop but i had the receiver hump. take a real straight edge and see if you have the hump at the front of the receiver
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:23:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Any progress with your rifle?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Try glass bedding the barrel (full length) with full contact. Supports the weight of .920 barrels.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top