Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 12:57:34 PM EDT
I like to use the factory mags with my 10/22s and was wondering if there is a tool like the Butler Creek or Shooter's Ridge tools that will reliably load my mags?  Or do either of these do the trick

Let me know what your experience has taught you.  Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Butler Creek Hot Lips Loader (has the 6 point star shaped knob) and the Ram Line Loader (tower contraption with multiple tracks to hold loose ammo).

The Ram Line Loader is broken. Rounds get stuck between the multiple tracks and it has trouble consistanly loading rounds into magazine. Most times it is a case of a round which didn't make it under the feed lips of the magazine. This is after a long service life of several thousand rounds.

The Butler Creek loader is still going strong. I use this one to load my steel lips mags, Ram line 30 rounders, stock mags, even the new crystal stock mags. Pretty reliable once you have a rhythm going. Turn knob-Click, watch next round drop-clunk, click, clunk.. etc.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Use your

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have the Butler Creek Hot Lips Loader (has the 6 point star shaped knob) and the Ram Line Loader (tower contraption with multiple tracks to hold loose ammo).

The Ram Line Loader is broken. Rounds get stuck between the multiple tracks and it has trouble consistanly loading rounds into magazine. Most times it is a case of a round which didn't make it under the feed lips of the magazine. This is after a long service life of several thousand rounds.

The Butler Creek loader is still going strong. I use this one to load my steel lips mags, Ram line 30 rounders, stock mags, even the new crystal stock mags. Pretty reliable once you have a rhythm going. Turn knob-Click, watch next round drop-clunk, click, clunk.. etc.

Exactly the same situation. That BC loader has loaded up thousands of round. It is still going strong while the ram line is broken.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks to those with .... constructive answers.  Looks so far like the BC is the way to go.  My thumb gets raw loading mine and my kids all day, thats why no more loading with the thumb for me.

BTW: Any answer is constructive in my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#5]
i have the BC loader and it is awsome. i have loaded thousands of rounds with it. i have had rounds get stuck behind the loading mechanisim once or twice and i had to shake it a bit to get it to come out. no biggie. best money i spent on my 10/22.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I fire hundreds (if not thousands) of rounds per shooting session through my Ruger 10/22 with Norrell trigger pack, and for me, Butler Creek is the only way to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top