Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2007 12:49:13 PM EDT
Hello, Ive been running a Tac65 suppressor for about 6 months now, and I was looking at savage and marlin bolts for a host. None of them had any magic for me. I was hanging out at my uncles farm and the topic came up, and he says" I've got a old Mossy I havent shot in years, you can have if you want!"
He goes in and brings out this 142k that had been sitting in the closet for who knows how long. It has an old weaver 2.5 scope but was missing the mag. I sent it off to Mike at Tornado tech to have it threaded and he did a beautiful job, While he had he found the bolt worked rather hard, and found the loose spot where the bolt had worn a grove in the reciever, said it was a fairly common problem with these rifles of this vintage. He put a little tig weld on the inside of the reciever and honed it smooth, for no extra cost! What a nice guy!
My replacement mag and a replacement green safty tab came in from havelin sales yesterday, so Im about to go out and shoot it for the first time this afternoon!!!

Link Posted: 8/5/2007 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I might have to have mine threaded, my father in law gave me one of those andd he said it came from Texas where he was stationed in the Air Force. I really like the flip down front hand guard, kind of reminds me of the first forward flip grip.
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 4:49:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice rifle.  How's she sound?  

I picked up a Tac 65 about a week ago and am waiting for a threaded 10/22 barrel to test her out.
Link Posted: 8/7/2007 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I went out and shot it this weekend, and with subsonics the guys shooting SKS's next to me were makeing snide remarks about me bringing a BBgun to the range until I explaned the can...
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's another.............

Mossberg 44US, shortened barrel to 17", moved front sight back, modified barrel band for a quick release sling swivel so I could add the harris bipod. In the future I see a park job and moly in flat black......And more tecate of course.......
Link Posted: 8/10/2007 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I had my Mossberg M44 (US Property) threaded by Tornado Tech. along with my Remington 541X (also US Property); both rifles from the CMP.
I am also running a Tac 65 as well as a Tactical Innovations Quest.

I haven't gotten them back yet. He said they turned out nice. He refinished the metal on both of them after he did the machine work. I sent him a whole bunch of stuff to work on and he is waiting until he gets it all done before shipping it back. I wish he would hurry up: I can't wait to see it.

I use both those rifles quite a bit to shoot Fred's AQT targets. They are perfect for that since they are already set up to use with a good shooting sling.

That looks great. Nice to see you putting the effort into restoring an old rifle like that back into operating condition and giving it a good workout. You can't have too many threaded .22s.
I think I have about 10. I have two more right now that I am getting ready to send to Tornado if he ever sends me back the load of stuff he has of mine now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 8:10:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I just sent a Ruger MKII and an AA G19 .22lr upper to Tornado Tech. for threading.  I hope the wait isn't too long.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I like it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top