Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 10:37:23 AM EDT
I wanted to try using a YHM flip up sight block on my 10/22 build, but I just realized that it is fit for .750 barrels, and the heavies are .920.   I'm pretty sure the factory is less than .750.   I suppose I could have a  heavy turned down to .750.  Then have it turned down and theaded....

Damn this is going to be an expensive little project.

Any other suggestions on how to do this?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:21:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I wanted to try using a YHM flip up sight block on my 10/22 build, but I just realized that it is fit for .750 barrels, and the heavies are .920.   I'm pretty sure the factory is less than .750.   I suppose I could have a  heavy turned down to .750.  Then have it turned down and theaded....

Too bad you didn't get the YHM flip-up front sight that attaches to a rail -- you might have been able to use one of these DPMS gas blocks. Granted, the inside diameter is a little larger than .920 but you were not looking for a tight gas seal.

4 Rail Gas Block, .936" Dia
Model: GB-4R

Sale Price: $49.95
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too bad you didn't get the YHM flip-up front sight that attaches to a rail -- you might have been able to use one of these DPMS gas blocks. Granted, the inside diameter is a little larger than .920 but you were not looking for a tight gas seal.

4 Rail Gas Block, .936" Dia
Model: GB-4R

Sale Price: $49.95
www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/images/?type=small&id=826

I haven't puchased anything yet.   So, That might be the way to go!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#3]
What are you going to do for a rear sight?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What are you going to do for a rear sight?

I was thinking probably YHM back up iron sight.  I've got that on my middy, and want it to be the same.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#5]
What mounts would you use in the rear to get the exact same height as the front? Maybe I am getting ahead of your project. Keep us posted, because it is interesting to me.

Thanks and keep pluggin away.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What mounts would you use in the rear to get the exact same height as the front? Maybe I am getting ahead of your project. Keep us posted, because it is interesting to me.

Thanks and keep pluggin away.

Still working on that   I'm going to play around with my middy's sights to see what is possible and what I need.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:19:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Green Mountain makes a heavy tapered barrel, it is .920 at the receiver and tapers to .750 which sounds like it would work for you.  I do not think it's a cataloged item, but you can order it directly from them no problem.

EDIT - I found a link to a seller, though they are out right now:

http://shootersdiscount.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=598

Still looks like a perfect, and cheap, solution!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 5:33:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Green Mountain makes a heavy tapered barrel, it is .920 at the receiver and tapers to .750 which sounds like it would work for you.  I do not think it's a cataloged item, but you can order it directly from them no problem.

EDIT - I found a link to a seller, though they are out right now:

http://shootersdiscount.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=598

Still looks like a perfect, and cheap, solution!

Hey!  Thanks!   That might be the way to go!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Any time, my first post and I might have even been helpful!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top