Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2006 9:05:25 AM EDT
replaced my barrel with a bull barrel. the problem is feeding. some ammo will work other will not. took the same round and it dropped into my buckmark, tried it in the ruger had to force it. any ideas? thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#1]
shoot the living hell out of it.....simple as that

My GM bull was the same way when i first got it, i shot a brick of the cheap shit through it, and it feeds like a dream now, i havent had a feeding problem yet after the first brick

Remember if its a Bentz chamber(which im sure it is if its tight) DO NOT SHOOT STINGERS

Stinger cases are longer than a normal 22lr case and its dangerous because the round will not chamber completely and may blow out or slamfire when the bolt crushes the round into the chamber...either way, its not going to be good
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#2]
That's normal for match chambers - tighter tolerances are conducive to better accuracy. Like the above poster said, it'll eventually loosen up.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#3]
This is the first I have heard that shooting will open up the chamber. Throat? Yes, but not the chamber.

To get any measurable throat erosion with a 22 LR you'd have to shoot many thoudands of rounds.

I would just choose carefully the ammunition you shoot in that rifle, and avoid stuff that doesn't chamber nicely.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Have your gunsmith use a Clymer finishing reamer in .22 to make the chamber a little sloppy.  I actually just ordered a chamber reamer to loosen up my Ruger MII integral suppressed pistol barrel.  It feeds terrible and I couldn't even drop a rpund in by hand without pushing it into the chamber.  I feel your pain!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#5]
if you can let me know how that works for you. and i'll order one also. have lots of time and money in this rifle. it's a real tack driver. just does'nt feed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top