Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 5:10:04 PM EDT
The only diffrence that i see is that there is a metal "band" wrapping around the barrel and forend of the stock with a place to attach a sling. i think it is on the carbine. i ask because i will probably do a bunch of crazy things to it.( pistol grip/folding stock, rail, electronic sight, MAYBE a laser for shits and giggles, stuff like that). Its just going to be a fun gun for cheap shooting. i may even get another one in the summer and try that gattling gun conversion thing i say in cabelas. I just dont want to get the rifle and then have all the afterparts fit the carbine or vise versa. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
barrel length, stock and the barrel band are the difference.

all 10/22's can share parts with other 10/22's
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
on the rifle:

the reciever is marked rifle.
no barrel band
longer bbl.
flat shoulder on the stock
differnt stock (usually much nicer)

carbine:
reciever marked carbine
bbl. band
shorter bbl.
curved shoulder on the stock
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks

is one better then the other for any reason or is it personal prefrence?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Both good.  

Please don't Tasco-ize it too much.  

If you add anything other then a few (metal lip) 30rd mags, and maybe a folding stock, baby Jesus will cry and hold you accountable for your sins.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Both good.  

Please don't Tasco-ize it too much.  

If you add anything other then a few (metal lip) 30rd mags, and maybe a folding stock, baby Jesus will cry and hold you accountable for your sins.

dont worry. a folding stock and maby a scope are all that im plaing on. NO light or lasers or bipods or anything like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top