Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 10:39:54 PM EDT
any luck bump firing a 10/22? for some reason i can not do this any more, i have done it one time and it worked perfectly but since then i have not been able to make it work, ( i was using stingers)
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#1]
It's aparently pretty hard.  I have a 10/22 with a light trigger, and a CF barrel I'm gonna try soon...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:14:04 AM EDT
[#2]
the 22 recoil low vs a 4lbs rifles weight vs a 5 trigger it will not work. if you want a 22 bumper try this gatlingguns.com
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:52:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I can get my MKII to bump with properly tuned set-screws and a VQ sear...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#4]
hehe, i've gotten all of our .22s to bump (but that lever-action winchester was a bitch! ) and it usually end up being more of a fanning of the trigger. i was using my 10/22 and my father's marlin 60 and i could get the mags to dump pretty quick

not as satisfying as my AK, but a hell of a lot cheaper
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's aparently pretty hard.  I have a 10/22 with a light trigger, and a CF barrel I'm gonna try soon...

I sucessfully bumped 25 rounds out of mine yesterday. 2# ish trigger and everything else internal was factory. Using cheapo Remington rounds.

Although the next mag I put in. I started bumping and the extractor, spring and plunger shot off somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I sucessfully bumped 25 rounds out of mine yesterday. 2# ish trigger and everything else internal was factory. Using cheapo Remington rounds.

Although the next mag I put in. I started bumping and the extractor, spring and plunger shot off somewhere.

Meh, you didn't need those parts anyway
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could only get mine to double or triple.  I think my overtravel is adjusted too tight.  Sometimes I pull the trigger and it doesn't pull far enough to fire.

On the extractor thing:  I had a similar thing happen too.  Apparently, a 10/22 can fire out of battery if the bolt is close enough to being in battery.  This will always result in the extractor being blown out (lost a titanium one that way).  Go to the ruger website and look at the parts diagrams for numbers and call them for replacements.  shouldn't cost you more than $5 total including shipping.

Parts booklet pdf:  LINK

Every part of the standard (non-Target version) 10/22 Carbine is user serviceable.  You do not need to send your rifle in.  Just call the number and make an order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top