Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2006 1:18:49 AM EDT
Just got one not long ago.  AR guy mostly, but wanted a 22, and I hate Ruger, so.....

Not much convo here about them, mostly 10/22 stuff.  Give me your input.  I haven't gotten to through lots or rounds downrange yet, so just wanted to hear your likes/dislikes about the rifle.  I've been really happy with what I've seen so far.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:50:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one back in college.  Great feel and a real nice pistol.  I wish I never sold it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:52:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I was looking for more of a plinker, and $500 was enough without having to buy optics, so I just got the Sporter.  Like it so far.

ETA
Ran a lot of searched before buying, so I've read up on your's before, OdT, nice rig.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought one a few years ago, but It never really hit the spot for me. I sold it last winter and cant say that i have missed it to much.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:53:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one, picked it up in 2002, great little rifle.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I love mine. Bought it originally with the heavy bull barrel/no sights. Then a week later my dealer got in one with the carbon fiber barrel and I wanted one but couldn't bring myself to put out another $400 so I bought a carbon fiber barrel from browning. I figure it cost about what I'd lose on selling the heavy barrel gun used and buying another new rifle.

The whole rifle with the carbon fiber barrel is lighter than than the barrel I took off the gun.

Mine is more than accurate enough to keep me smiling at indoor pistol range distances with a red dot sight. I don't doubt if I put a magnifying scope on it I could shoot some very impressive groups but its not really what I bought this rifle for. It strictly a fun gun.

That said it leads in to the only real compaint I have with this design. A lack of high cap mags. Shooting 10 rounds sucks. This gun begs for a 30 round magazine to really make you smile. I totally believe that if this issue could easily be remedied it would take 75% of the 10/22 sales overnight. Every one I let shoot this rifle raves on how comfortable and easy to shoot it is. But tell them there are no high caps and they loose interest.

I still have to sell the take off barrel so if someone is reading this is interested let me know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top