Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 9:59:06 PM EDT
10/22's don't lock the bolt back after the last round in the mag is fired correct?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#1]
correct. They sell a aftermarket device to make your 10/22 do this
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Really.  Link?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out http://rimfirecentral.com/ for all kinds of good info on cool stuff you can do to your 10/22.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really.  Link?

maybe not cause I can't remember where I saw this
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:45:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's  a link  to a vendor that sells the CST (Custom Shooting Technologies) magazines that will hold open the bolt (it's the last item listed on the bottom of that page) .  It is a special modified magazine and bolt.  Costs almost $55 for the bolt stop and one magazine. www.hawktecharms.com/ruger/10-22.htm  Power Custom also shows them on their site for about $60 for the kit and $18.95 for additional magazines.  www.powercustom.com/10-22/parts_10-22.htm
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:33:03 AM EDT
[#6]
This is not to be confused with an auto bolt release, which is really rather convenient, and I wonder why Ruger doesn't just make it standard since it is so easy.  Basically, it uses a slightly modified bolt stop so that you simply pull the bolt back to release it just like any other rifle instead of having to push the little release.

You can make yours auto just by removing the little triangular protrusion from the large hole in the release itself.  It really is that easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top