Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 4:20:15 AM EDT
I'm waiting for my Form 4 (AAC Pilot) to get approved, and I'm thinking about different host guns.  Hunting with semi-autos is illegal in my state.  So I'm thinking that the lever-action .22 Ruger might be a good host.  I'm not sure of the model, but it looks just like the 10/22, and handles pretty well.  The lever throw is very short, making follow-up shots fairly fast.  Quietness would be comparable to a bolt gun, so it seems a good compromise to me.

Anyway, do they take the same barrels as the 10/22?  Does anyone have a pic?  Comments?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#1]
96/22 is the thing you're looking at I believe.  I think it would be a great choice for your can, since it can use subsonic ammo with no worries about cycling; plus there's no noise of the action unless you make it.  I believe that both magazines and barrels from 10/22s cross over...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
The Ruger 96/22 lever action is a good choice.  I had my barrel threaded and shortened to 16.25 inches.  Here is a picture of the Ruger lever action with a Gemtech Outback II and a CZ 452 with a SRT Cheyenne.  I know that 10/22 mags work fine in the 96/22 -- not sure about the barrel.

Davd Brown
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top