Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 4:06:29 PM EDT
I'm trying to completely disassemble my dad's Rem 552 Speedmaster .22.  He doesn't have any kind of manual and I can't find a THING on the internet about how to fully disassemble it... anybody got something they can point me to?

(Mainly, I need to know how to get the bolt out, because everything else is already done.)

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, it has been a while since I disassembled mine, so my instructions might be a bit rusty.  First remove the trigger group.  Next remove the small screw near the end of the muzzle on the magazine clamp.  . Then remove the large screw in the handguard.  The handguard has a small piece of metal near the muzzle end that will prevent you from pulling it off.  Instead it will slide forward.  Remove the mag tube and the charging handle and spring should come out.  The barrel will slide forward, along with the bolt.  The rifle should be completely stripped.  Some of these steps may be a little out of order, as I can't find my 552 to disassemble at the moment.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:41:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ok, it has been a while since I disassembled mine, so my instructions might be a bit rusty.  First remove the trigger group.  Next remove the small screw near the end of the muzzle on the magazine clamp.  . Then remove the large screw in the handguard.  The handguard has a small piece of metal near the muzzle end that will prevent you from pulling it off.  Instead it will slide forward.  Remove the mag tube and the charging handle and spring should come out.  The barrel will slide forward, along with the bolt.  The rifle should be completely stripped.  Some of these steps may be a little out of order, as I can't find my 552 to disassemble at the moment.

All that's left on the receiver is the barrel, charging handle and the bolt.  I can't figure out how to get the charging handle off.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:58:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All that's left on the receiver is the barrel, charging handle and the bolt.  I can't figure out how to get the charging handle off.

Send me an email for a scan out of an old NRA manual.

Danny
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#4]
deleted
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Just sent to you. I scanned into a .pdf file.

Danny
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just sent to you. I scanned into a .pdf file.

Danny

/Me sits waiting anxiously while the 552 trembles

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:00:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Worked like a charm.  Turns out, I was doing the whole thing right all along, I just wasn't pulling the barrel hard enough.  I had to get someone else to hold the stock while I pulled the barrel out, if that gives you any indication of how dirty this thing is.

Thanks Danny!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top