Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 4:44:44 PM EDT
UPDATE:

10/22 with a rugAR-15 adapter, a Butler Creek folder stock, Butler Creek plastic bull barrel,  Cavalry Arms A1 stock, Volquartezen trigger and bolt and a Nikon Buckmaster scope mounted on a set of TSR scope rings.

I had the RB stock, I can't stand it due to the fact that the buffer tube comes straight out almost level with the top of the receiver.
I can't get a decent cheek weld unless I raise the scope up beyond the scopes ability to compensate for the added height.

I cut the forend off of the Butler Creek folder, then I did Dremel surgery on the sides and then some "finish" work with a large bastard file.

The barrel is now a true "free floater".  

I have a 6 position AR15 stock on order, I tossed on the spare A1 stock to see how it shoots.

It's just like shooting a stock 10/22 for me.

Works great.

I might fill in the area between the A1 stock and the pistol grip with some soft foam, or I might do some Dremel surgery on the A1 stock.

Then again I just might like the telestock and won't  have to cut on the A1 stock.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I threw my setup like that in the trash......I didnt like the flex behind the reciever and the back of the stock......OH well, I may get the Rhineland ARMS stock... same price as the BC folder plus rugar15 adapter but out of ALUMINUM...
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#2]
All that work to get something that feels like it did before you started?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I threw my setup like that in the trash......I didnt like the flex behind the reciever and the back of the stock......OH well, I may get the Rhineland ARMS stock... same price as the BC folder plus rugar15 adapter but out of ALUMINUM...

Flex? What flex? Were you using it as a crowbar?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
All that work to get something that feels like it did before you started?

I wanted it to look....EVIL.  

I wanted a pistol grip with an adjustable stock.
I have one 10/22 that is built using the Choat pistol grip stock, the problem with it is that it's too long.
I cut about an inch and a half off the back, but I don't like the feel.

I had the RB Precision stock, nice item, great customer service, but it was not for me.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Flex? What flex? Were you using it as a crowbar?

NO....Well mine was using the barrel band as well as a facotry barrel, so it may have been different than yours(As my barrel was tightly held against the forearm of the stock) and when I shouldered the gun, and pull it into my shoulder with both pistol grip and forearm...NOT EEXCESSIVELY, mind you...if you look at the top edge of the receiever in the back and the stock the reciever would rise 1/8"-3/8" up above the stock. there is my explanation
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Where can you get the rugAR15 adapter from?

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Where can you get the rugAR15 adapter from?

Drop an email to this address. [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#8]
You can get a "pig nose" adapter from blackjackbuffers.com for $20. Takes 2 screws to attach it to the BC folder. Looks pretty good too.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:33:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I like my RugAR 10/22...

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#10]
update bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top