Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 2:57:22 PM EDT
how quiet can you get the 10/22 without going classIII?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, it's all dependent on ammunition, I guess, as any muzzle attachment that lowers the dB level even slightly is considered a sound suppressor and subject to NFA.

I'd say that something like the Aguila powderless rounds would be pretty quiet, but I have no experience with them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well, it's all dependent on ammunition, I guess, as any muzzle attachment that lowers the dB level even slightly is considered a sound suppressor and subject to NFA.

I'd say that something like the Aguila powderless rounds would be pretty quiet, but I have no experience with them.

I tried the Aguila powderless out of my model 62 Winchester pump. The sound of the bullet hitting the can was loader than the report of the rifle. They will puncture aluminum cans at medium distances but they aren't much more powerful than that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:40:36 PM EDT
[#3]
FWIW, I can shoot my all weather 77/22 with aguila SSS comfortably without ear protection all day long. And I've never had keyholing or feeding issues with SSS either in that gun.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:33:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
FWIW, I can shoot my all weather 77/22 with aguila SSS comfortably without ear protection all day long. And I've never had keyholing or feeding issues with SSS either in that gun.

\

Shoot shovel and shut-up ammo. I like the fun acronim.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:51:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I tried the Aguila powderless out of my model 62 Winchester pump. The sound of the bullet hitting the can was loader than the report of the rifle. They will puncture aluminum cans at medium distances but they aren't much more powerful than that.

Hell out of my 10/22 it sounded like a flippin air rifle.. i'd imagine if you did manage to put a supressor on there you would hear nothing but the bolt drop and the round hitting the target...

fun as hell plinking ammo.. makes me wish i still had that ole ruger single six
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#6]
VQ has a .22 short conversion for 10/22's but I think by the time you spend that much money, you may as well drop 4-$500 for a suppressor.

Do it. You won't regret it.

edit - Sorry, I just noticed your location.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#7]
zactley
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
You could use a bloop tube...

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a 10/22 that in highschool I added one of the Volquartsen barrels designed for the Aguila SSS rounds.  Those rounds are not that bad themselves, but I also like the Aguila powderless rounds.  They can't buck the wind for shit, but at close range they're plenty powerful.   Lets just say that while in highschool I put a severe dent in the local squirrel population around my parents house, and no one ever  had a clue.  About 20m is the limit for headshot kills on squirrels.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You could use a bloop tube...

Careful...even without guts, if it reduces the report, it may be considered a suppressor.  

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe ATF has determined some "bloop tubes" to be suppressors in the past.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Is it an evan or an odd day?  Cuss to the ATF it matters. Any one see this from jpfo?  I don't see (although I don't doubt) the ATF would consider it a suppressor, when the metro gun is designed to reduce the sound of the shot!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top