Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 11:55:10 AM EDT
I am looking for an ammo that will compare with ELEY HV 22 LR hunting ammo. Red or Blue box.
It's fast and super accurate in my guns. 1300fps+
But the heavy wax they put on it gums up my mags to quickly and won't let the cartidges feed even with increased spring tension on tuned mags, worse when its cold out like now.
Anyone  know of a comparable ammo? Cheaper would be good too!
TIA for any ideas.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Look thru CCI's site.  They have all the bullet wt. and velocity data posted.  

Velocitors, Stingers, and MINI MAGS all come to mind.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I second CCI MiniMags. They're hot, they're accurate, they're reliable, and they're even fairly cheap ($4/100 at Walmart). They're a good place to start, anyway.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, done all the above on every ammo site, been hoping to find somebody who stumbled on somthing that preformed as well.
I have tried all the major brands and settled on these.
CCI MINI MAGS are my fall back, they are ok, but the ELEY cut their groups in 1/2.
I been reading up on 22 ammo and by what is said slower should be more accurate.
But not the case in my guns and the worst offender is the stock barreled gun that has had all the tricks done to it except for a bbl. It will shoot nickel size groups at 50yds with the ELEY.
2 heavy bbls not near as fussy but still like the ELEY better.
Any experience with Aquilla Super Extra HV?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top