Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 9:31:57 AM EDT
I have always wonted a 10/22!  I am wondering if I would be better off buying one and fixing it up as I go, or if i should just get the components I wont and build one.

Also I had a buck mark that would shoot sub sonic ammo all day long, will the 10/22 cycle sub ammo.

Thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Most people tend to enjoy just buying the cheapest 10/22 they can find and then just replacing parts as they go along.  Some like to buy all the components and do it all themselves.  Its up to you, but it'd be cheaper to buy one prebuilt and just modify it.  Will it cycle sub-sonic ammo?  Most certainly will.  Pretty much all I use; my rifle seems to be a bit more accurate with subs than HV ammo.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the reply.  I think I will buy a heavy barrel and then fix it up as I go!

It worms my heart to know that they shoot sub sonic ammo

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#3]
seeing that most 10/22 carbines go for about $150 at wal-mart it would be hard to beat going with parts.

sell what you dont need.

here's a link to some do it yourself stuff

pick up a upgrade package from this guy to start with. vq exact edge extractor and wk buffer, get the stock screw if you want
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess I need to do some more research.  Looks like there are more options than one can ever dream of.

I did see something from tactical solutions on shooting gallery today that looked nice.  Has any one used tactical solutions and if so what are your impressions?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:41:38 PM EDT
[#5]
are you asking about their barrels?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:24:35 AM EDT
[#6]
either way, you'll be happy with your 10/22.

In my opinion whether you trick 'em out or leave them plain jane they can't be beat.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:25:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget to check the forums at www.rimfirecentral.com.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:35:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes I am talking about barrels.  On the program they had a complete rifle but on there web paige they only have barrels.

thanks for the replies and all the links.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#9]
A bit off topic but; I just got a first 10/22 also (last week) although I've had other 22s.  I got the new CCR version which has a short stock and barrel for my 9 yr old daughter.  I traded it for a Taurus 62 which was too long for her and not accurate enough for me.  I shot it on Friday and was quite impressed.  It almost made me want my Mini-14 back.  Nah.  I took it apart on Saturday and polished some parts.  It's a fun gun to tinker with and to shoot.  I can see the attraction now.  

After reading a bit at the RimFireCentral fourms I ordered an auto bolt release and an extended mag release both made by Volquartsen.  

Does the Volquartsen mag release sound like a good idea?  I think it would be for me but I'm not sure if it would be an improvement over the stock mag release for my 9 yr old daughter.  Any comments on that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top