Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 8:26:11 AM EDT
I've been looking for a good cheap shooter and have seen a bunch of these of different configurations on gunbroker. Besides looking nice and the fact that the company has a nice website I know nothing about them. Looking for some advice before I purchase , will mainly be used at ranges of 50-100 yards for punching holes in paper.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Henry Big Boy 44 mag, all I can say great quality and finish ,, sweet shooter,,,I have been looking to pickup there 22mag ... you wont be disappointed
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Graywolf,
Thanks for the quick reply, definitely what I wnated to hear.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
You can't go wrong with a Henry.   I love my Henry.  It's a perfect inexpensive shooter.  I usually grab it instead of my 10/22.

100% reliable, and nice and accurate.  Many a fuzzy little squirrel has lost their life to it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one of their .22lr for christmas a few years back, and my first though was it has amazing wood and finish!  I have shot the shit out of it and never had a problem.  I used it for rabbit hunting and for new shooters, and everyone falls in love with it.  Once you get used to it you can get it to fire accuratly nearly as quick as a autoloader.

If I want to go hunting, teach someone to shoot, or just go shooting myself, its the only rifle I ALWAYS take.

I cant say enough good things about it...

Get it, you will love it!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, next question then is large loop or reg and plain barrel or hex
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
OK, next question then is large loop or reg and plain barrel or hex

I have reg hoop and plain barrel....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#7]
OK for the price.  Fit and finish is average.  Basic model is painted - not blued.  Shoots straight.  Occasional jams.  There are a lot better rifles out there, but they will run you at least $100 more (i.e. Marlin 39/336).
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I got one for my daughter for her "10th birthday gun" and could not be happier!  If you make enough of something, some of them will not work right, but my experience has been that if you keep it clean (like most 22's) it will keep you smiling.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:59:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Picked one up at wal-mart this past friday. Pleased with the fit and finish and price, less than $200 before taxes. My only problem is I wont get get to shoot it until this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got a Henry .22 for my 19th birthday and I love it. I would have had one long ago, but my mom babysat right up until I moved out, so i had no where to put it. Me and my dad went to the range and I had only shot about 50 rounds through my friends 10/22. I was putting it through the X for hours. It's much easier to load than a 10/22 I think, and shoots just as fast once you get the hang of it. The only problem I had was the loop started to hurt my hand after a few hundred rounds.
We shot a full box of remington golden bullet without a single problem.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:37:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
OK for the price.  Fit and finish is average.  Basic model is painted - not blued.  Shoots straight.  Occasional jams.  There are a lot better rifles out there, but they will run you at least $100 more (i.e. Marlin 39/336).

Me to. Some of you folks are easy to impress. -Justin
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't think I'm easy to impress but I got to shoot the Henry today and it was awesome. Great accuracy, smooth trigger and action, and awesome sights. Probably the second best deal in terms of bang for the buck in firearms I 've ever gotten my first being my enfield mk. 4 .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top