Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2006 7:23:22 AM EDT
I've been waiting to get my 2nd Gen R22 back with the new Rhineland-designed bolt.  I was wondering if anyone else has received one of these (or is waiting on one like me) yet?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm waiting on Thomas to ship me the new bolt for my 2nd gen R22 as well.

I took a look at the old bolt and noticed alot of pitting on one side, it was pretty surprising.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#2]
bump

Rhineland - care to comment?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#3]
The new bolts will be going together tomorrow. We tried a new heat treater, they were very slow on these so a good delay there.

The pitting or dimples on the bolt you have is from the Ruger casting. I think they use lost wax and we have seen some very odd things besides that.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#4]
updates?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#5]
We are one week behind schedule on those. The new bolts are going together now and they do work verywell. Rifles will be shipping pretty heavy next week.

Also, thrid generation rifles are being made now. These have revised geometry and are designed to work only with the Butler Creek mags. The new rifles are working very well with more types of ammo. Even have one working with Federal Champion ammo. The R22 still will not work with any subsonic except Remington.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Any time frame for the MP5 version. My R22 shoots great and I'm jonesing for your new rifle!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the update Rhineland. I can't wait to get that new bolt in place. Hopefully it will clean up the last of my issues. (I'm sitting on 4.5k rounds of that remmington sub ammo, just waiting to be plinked with)
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Also, thrid generation rifles are being made now. These have revised geometry and are designed to work only with the Butler Creek mags. The new rifles are working very well with more types of ammo. Even have one working with Federal Champion ammo. The R22 still will not work with any subsonic except Remington.

I donno if I got lucky but... my 2nd gen gobbles up the Federal Champion bulk pack. That stuff doesn't group worth a damn (other ammo groups very well), but runs 100% with it, as with most ammo. Also, haven't had any problems with the various subsonic flavors I've tried. Maybe just because mine's had enough time to break in well?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#9]
My first-gen runs perfectly well on Win Dynapoints, which are subsonic, though just barely so. It's never failed to feed anything I've tried in it, including Win XPerts which are problematic in many guns, unless it was a bad magazine problem (Eaton mags).  The ONLY functional issue I've had was the stovepiping, which was almost completely cured by the VQ extractor.

Since I did the upper receiver mod on mine (which I believe is now standard from the factory), mine even works with the Ramline double-stack mag.

Still waiting for the iron sights and/or the MP5 kit. I really want to shoot it with irons.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#10]
RA - do keep us updated in when these are going to be shipping to our hands...Of course I'm particularly interested in when I might be seeing my rifle back...Sent it early December and well...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I donno if I got lucky but... my 2nd gen gobbles up the Federal Champion bulk pack. That stuff doesn't group worth a damn (other ammo groups very well), but runs 100% with it, as with most ammo. Also, haven't had any problems with the various subsonic flavors I've tried. Maybe just because mine's had enough time to break in well?

Mine is most accurate with Federal Game-Shok #710.  It's nearly as accurate with the cheap Champion #745C bulk packs.  The Champion #510 runs 100% but the group size is nearly double that of the #710.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#12]
There was a message for me over on the Rimfire Forums @ Glocktalk from Jeremy@Rhineland that my rifle is on it's way back to me, as soon as it comes in and I get some range time I'll make a post about it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Hopefully that means the bolts will be shipping out soon. I just found out the indoor range a short drive from home now allows .22 and 9mm rifles in addition to handguns. I'm going to bring the R22 with me on saturday and see how many heads I can turn :)
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Well today I went out and bought some stuff to give the new setup a proper test.  I picked up some Remington Golden Bullet Bulk, Federal bulk, and some CCI Mini Mags to go along with my Federal 810, as well as 2 additional Hot Lips mags.  So now I've got 1620rds and 9 mags for testing purposes.  :)
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:19:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Phobos512 -
Have you heard from Rhineland in regards to when these bolts will be shipping?

It's been a while now. I understand they've been having sisues with the 10/22 stocks, but I'd still like to get some time in at the range to do some testing before it gets nice enough to shoot outside again.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:41:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok well I am *still* waiting for my rifle to show up...I was told by Jeremy@RA that it's on it's way...It's been almost two weeks from when they said it shipped, I'm starting to get a little concerned.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey all...just a quickie update...Spoke with Thomas this afternoon, they are super busy, which I can totally understand.  So my rifle is still on its way.  Anyway, I have three weeks of business travel starting tomorrow (thankfully all with internet access so I'll be on a bit probably) but I wouldn't be able to shoot her even if I had her.

Hopefully she'll be back to me when I get home (March 9th *cough cough*).

Matt

p.s. check out the scope rings thread that I'm going to update right now for a pic of my new scope...it kicks serious arse!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#18]
phobos512, Jeremy has been riding me pretty hard to get your rifle out. I had initaly told him I was about to ship it but got names mixed up. He is as bad as I am on remembering names.

My goal is to get all back orders and repairs out next week. Just trying to keep on top of production and get a bunch of R22s Gen 3 made so that we can get on with the AR57 uppers.

I thought it was a bunch of R22s but most are already sold.  For a heads up Cheaper than Dirt has HK G3 stock kits at $12.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#19]
ttt

Sent Jeremy an email, not sure if he'll get it before I leave for travel again, but I can check here while I'm gone to see what the status of this is...

Matt A., Ridgecrest CA, FFL is Tom Wiknich @ Guns4Us

EDIT
BTW, RA, I found the stock over on CTD, they won't ship it to CA, they claim CalDOJ has threatened them with a lawsuit if they continued to ship thumbhole stocks, collapsible stocks, pistol grips, etc. here, so they have changed their policies, EVEN THOUGH THE PART IS COMPLETELY LEGAL.  WTF?!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:45:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Im still waiting on my rifle that I ordered a year ago.  I have had 2 phones calls on the weekend about 8 or so months ago saying that the rifle was ready and would ship on that tuesday.  I have not seen it yet.  Now it looks like that never sending me my rifle was a good thing with all the reported problems with them.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#21]
hm...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I HAVE A TRACKING NUMBER!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Congrats Phobos512.

Hopefully that means my bolt isn't too far from being shipped.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:07:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top