Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/24/2006 9:59:29 AM EDT
Well, I received my 10/22 stock from Rhineland arms late last week......Thomas e-mailed me the day I received it saying there was a slight Boo-boo and that it needed to go back right away (the main hole to attach it to the receiver was drilled way too small or something). He took care of having it sent back (no charge to me) and I have the new one coming and UPS says it will arrive tomorrow....I am excited about that.

I had to open the package to take out the pistol grip....it is a standard AR grip with screw and washer. He said to keep this part, because the replacement wouldn't have one in the box.

I just took a quick look at the chassis system...it looked well machined and the finish was a very nice Matte black anodizing. It looked first rate.

I will get the others tomorrow (I ordered 2) and I will assemble them and post pics as soon I get a chance.

Kudos to Thomas for taking care of the small problem....before I even had to experience it. From the little I saw when it was in my hands...it is going to kick ass.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]
tag for pics...
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]
tagged, I'm shopping for a 10/22 and that stock is pretty cool looking.

Trying not to stomp on the thread, but does anyone make a 10/22 barrel with the muzzle threaded for 1/2x20 UNF?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Came home to find them on my steps......

They come as a "chassis" with a pistol grip, screw and washer in a separate bag. The grip screw looks shorter then a standard AR grip screw, so don't misplace this one.

Looks well machined with an even matte finish. No sharp corners or burrs that I can see.

The grip went on real easy, I used a drop of blue locktite on the grip screw to make sure it stays tight.

Stock went on easy and seems to lock in place nice with the standard lock ring tightened up against the rear of the stock adapter piece (the rear part that is held in place with 4 screws....this will be interchangeable or so says RA) There is no provision to keep the stock from rotating off of the verticle plane.....if I have trouble, I will either use some high strength locktite or JB weld the damn tube in place....I won't be taking it off anyway.

The action with barrel in place went in a bit tight, it seems that there is no extra room and you need to sort of "Rock" the action in...rear first, then push the front down into the stock....it was touching here and I had to press a with a bit of attitude to make it go in...when it did (no harm done) it fits like a glove....you wouldn't even need to put the receiver screw in...but I did of'course.

I have a little too much scope on this one, but I intend to turn this one into a 17 M2 with the barrel and bolt handle I have coming...should be here this week yet.

I bought 2 stocks and may buy a third. I will have one scoped 17 M2 and one .22 LR set up as a "Mall Ninja - Tactical model" with a reddot or maybe that new Bushnell Trophy MP (Wanna be ACOG)....what the heck, the terrorist rocks, cans and paper target will never see me coming

All for now......I hope to get out soon to do some shooting.

P.S. This one has a Tasco World Class Plus 10-40X50mm, Kimber 16" bull SS barrel and is shown with a RRA stock and Butler Creek 25rd Smoke Hotlips mag.....and a home made SS receiver cap screw......which the head seems too long in this stock.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:58:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Sweet!  

ETA:  If anyone is wondering about avalibility (sp?) of these...  I just called them and they said they should have a bunch ready to ship by next wed.  They have a bunch made up, just have to put the black stuff on them still.    
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Excellent!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#7]
two questions:

1- what was your "at the door" price

2- is it me or does that las pic look like the finish is silver or bare metal

thanks
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#8]
$75...I think they have gone up to $85 though...I got in right away.

It must just be the camers. The stock is matte black anodized and the barrel is natural SS.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#9]
yeah, seems to look black-er now.  must have been the way the screen was tilted.  

actually, i have another question.  after reading your assembly post and studying their website, i am a little confused.  and at the risk of getting hammered, here goes:

did you buy the whole gun or just the stock?

and by stock, does that mean the buttstock or in their words "the chassis"?

and if the entire "chassis" with buttstock and grip are $85 bucks, then that is a STEAL compaired to the evolution "chassis" at $200+

thanks again

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:13:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
yeah, seems to look black-er now.  must have been the way the screen was tilted.  

actually, i have another question.  after reading your assembly post and studying their website, i am a little confused.  and at the risk of getting hammered, here goes:

did you buy the whole gun or just the stock?
Rhineland is selling the chassis/grip only.  You drop in your own 10/22 bbl. & action, ect.  

and by stock, does that mean the buttstock or in their words "the chassis"?
The 6 pos. buttstock is not included.  It comes with the chassis and the grip only.
and if the entire "chassis" with buttstock and grip are $85 bucks, then that is a STEAL compaired to the evolution "chassis" at $200+

thanks again

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:59:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Exactly what he said!

Good answer
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:55:38 AM EDT
[#12]
To HK_DUDE:

Thanks for the pics and information.  Any chance we could see some pics of the front end of the stock and one of the stock next to a ruler?  I'm trying to decide between the EVO and this RA stock.  Any more help/info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!his
Brock
phantom50
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:36:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Ace makes a short threaded "stub" that (I think) could be threaded into the femal AR style rear piece of the chassis, then you could add the folding piece and the stock. They make these items for ARs that don't have the standard rear recoil assembly...I.E. .22lrs that use a ceiner unit, ect. So that sure should work. I also think that RA is making different styled rear "Stock adapters" to go in place of the AR style unit....maybe they will make one so you can add the Ace products. I hope they do.

I will try get more pics tonight....I like to help.

P.S. I have nothing to do with Rhineland Arms...just a happy customer
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#15]
looks pretty cool, but wish there was a filler for that space in between the front of the pistol grip and the trigger guard like the RB evo setup has.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:06:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks, HK_DUDE.  That helps tremedously.  It looks like you like the RA stock...with the three of them there!phantom50
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#17]
with a carbon barrel and back reciever, this thing will look pretty tough!!!!!

guess i am gonna start workin on one this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:02:34 AM EDT
[#18]

with a carbon barrel and back reciever, this thing will look pretty tough!!!!!

That pretty much describes what is going into the third "Empty stock".
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I am still waiting for mine.

What stud did you use to mount the bipod?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought a package of 12 machine thread studs from midway...they have a short 1/4" threaded end on them. They work perfect. It is Unkle Mikes.

Added.....with the Harris bipod, the 2 threaded holes in the tip of the stock are just a bit too far forward and a bit too far back.....It is in the forward most hole in the pics...no biggy, but about 3/4" or so of the bipod "Saddle" sits in front of the stock tip.....I will drill and tap a third hole a ways back so the bipod looks to fit better.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#21]
We now have these shipping out in volume. It was slow going at first but they are finialy instock.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
We now have these shipping out in volume. It was slow going at first but they are finialy instock.

Which add-on rails will work with the tapped holes on the side and bottom of the forearm, like the example on your site?

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:22:09 AM EDT
[#23]
I went out for the first time to shoot the 17 M2. I ordered it as a barrel and replacement bolt handle/spring assembly. It has the big ass knob on it to add extra mass/weight to slow down the bolt when firing the potent little 17 M2.

I fired one round and it stopped. The new required bigg ass bolt handle stuck due to not enough clearance on the stock near the ejection port area.....no biggy, I just need to get the old dremmel tool out and remove a bit of the stock in that area.

I will post before and after pics tonight.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Oops, we would love to see the area were the bolt is rubbing. We can make adjustments here, getting ready to make some more as well.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Small potatoes Thomas.....that will be an easy fix.

Here's a few pics showing the problem. The buggered area could either be thinned or just a bit removed.....I think it will be easier for me to just remove a bit with my carbide cutter in my dremmel. Just cut it back toward the shooter end of the chassis....maybe 1/8" off the top corner..if even that much. Again, this is only an issue with the 17 Mach 2 bolt handle...and it a little bitty issue at that.

I will post "Fixed" pics tomorrow maybe.....I'm tired

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I received mine today and I have mixed feelings. The finish is great. The fit is very tight as Kurse stated but I was able to get mine in with a little persuasion. The big problem is my RRA 6 position butt-stock I bought specifically for this build will not thread into the chassis. I emailed Rhineland, hopefully they will have an answer.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#27]
There seem to be some tight threads out there. We will get the rear brackets with resized threads out tomorrow, too late today.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I was just about to post your response to me. Thanks for the very fast responce and the great customer service.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#29]
nice option
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm wondering what an A2 stock would be like on one of these.  I see on Rhineland Arms website that the A2 is not recomended.....any feedback as to the reason for that?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'm wondering what an A2 stock would be like on one of these.  I see on Rhineland Arms website that the A2 is not recomended.....any feedback as to the reason for that?

Look at the top of the grip.  If you put an A2 stock on it, it would drop down and conflict with the web of your hand.  This is the only thing that is holding me back from these.

The 6-pos stock I have on my AR is nice, but a fixed stock is just more comfortable.  

It would be cool if rhineland made an adapter of some sort, so a fixed stock could be attached.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:05:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Looks like I will have a bolt interference problem.  I modifed a 10/22 magnum bolt handle to fit my 10/22.   Shown below is the modification I had to perform to my Choate stock to accommodate the larger bolt handle.  I will probably have to modify the bolt handle if I want to use it with the RA Al. stock.

http://www.hunt101.com/img/377860.JPG
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Probably the way to go when ordering, if you know your bolt handle is other than stock, let RA know so they can cut at little extra room for you before sending it out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#34]
I received my updated rear plate today, perfect fit. I'll post picts later.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:02:21 AM EDT
[#35]
HK-Dude,

What kind of bolt are you using that has the larger charging handle?

TS
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:45:48 AM EDT
[#36]
It is from E. Aurthar Brown....it is the large bolt handle that comes as part of the 17 Mach 2 conversion...with the new barrel.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Out of curiousity, will these work with a 22 mag ? -I was thinking of making a cool 22 mag target gun.

Mark
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Perhaps look into getting the Ace Ltd SMG fixed stock.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:03:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Those ACE Ltd. SMG and SOCOM stocks are very NICE.

My rear bracket with corrected threads hasn't arrived yet so the buttstock is not correctly attached, but here is a pic of the rig with the GM 16" fluted .920

bbl.http://www.hunt101.com/img/380006.jpg
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#40]
We are down to only 2 more replacement rear brackets that need to ship and I am not sure if one is yours or not. Been trying to get them mailed out for about 2 days now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Rhineland Arms ~

I am starting to get a little irritated... I've had my stock since 2/16 and an email saying you sent me out the replacement rear bracket.  I have not yet received the bracket, nor have I been able to reach you for confirmation that you sent it.  Please at least answer emails and tell me what the problem is.....

DTH
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:08:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Finally got mine all done, shot it today for the first time, lots of fun!!!  
Clerke 16" fluted bull bbl
RRA 6 position stock
Bushnell Trophy red dot
Weaponkraft buffer
VQ extractor
Bolt work by 3ME
polished tirgger group

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:57:25 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Finally got mine all done, shot it today for the first time, lots of fun!!!  
Clerke 16" fluted bull bbl
RRA 6 position stock
Bushnell Trophy red dot
Weaponkraft buffer
VQ extractor
Bolt work by 3ME
polished tirgger group

home.comcast.net/~newracer/myrhineland.JPG

nice setup...but i prefer RB Precision Evo stock better then Rhin stock..
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#44]

We are all ofcourse welcome to our own opinion, but can you elaborate on why you like the Evo better? Just curious

I have never seen an Evolution stock in person, so I have no way to compare them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:35:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Ehhh, you can keep the RB stock.
The stock needs to be lower, since me (and others) can't get a good cheek weld to the stock, and we can't get the scope mounted high enough since the crosshairs end up being too high.

This is what the RB stock needs to be:

Not this:

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#46]
I agree.....I would also want the forearm a bit longer, so it doesn't make your barrel look like it is 3 feet long.

I will stick with my RA stock setup...i like it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Once Rhineland Arms puts a hole in the front of the stock for a Harris Bipod Squarely in the middle of the front "pad" and they put the spacer between the pistol grip and the trigger guard I will get one, PLEASE
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#48]

Once Rhineland Arms puts a hole in the front of the stock for a Harris Bipod Squarely in the middle of the front "pad"

This would make alot of sense...I plan to drill and tap a new one.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#49]
dropthehammer,

How to you like the little E & L Dual mag holders?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#50]
I had talked myself out of one of these today, and now I look through this thread and think I just gotta have one.  Can anyone take a pic of the rear attachment point for the stock and the area where the top of the grip will interface with a stock?  I'd rather have something than a normal AR collapsible (ACE SOCOM, maybe) and wanna see what trouble it's gonna be.  Thanks!

Woody
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top