Posted: 1/21/2006 5:01:13 PM EDT
OK, so who's getting one?

www.krinkerplinker.com/

Actually, I'm tempted.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
bought one a few weeks back.  assembled easily, and is a real blast to shoot.  i'd rate it about a 9 out of 10.

sportsman's guide only carries the older version, and i think they are sold out of those.  the pictures above are of the improved version that just came out.  the new version (as far as i know) are available only from C&S Metall.  the total with shipping on my credit card was about $310.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:04:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
bought one a few weeks back.  assembled easily, and is a real blast to shoot.  i'd rate it about a 9 out of 10.

sportsman's guide only carries the older version, and i think they are sold out of those.  the pictures above are of the improved version that just came out.  the new version (as far as i know) are available only from C&S Metall.  the total with shipping on my credit card was about $310.

How hard was it to put together?

Max
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:51:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Does anybody know the difference between the older and newer version, besides the obvious FSB?

Does the kit add any weight?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does anybody know the difference between the older and newer version, besides the obvious FSB?

Does the kit add any weight?

They also had different stocks

The old kit pics:
image.sportsmansguide.com/dimage/97224_ts.JPG?cell=320,320&cvt=jpeg

image.sportsmansguide.com/dimage/97224i_ts.jpg?cell=320,320&cvt=jpeg

image.sportsmansguide.com/dimage/97224i2_ts.jpg?cell=320,320&cvt=jpeg

I have both types but haven't been to the range yet with the new one to determine which one I like better.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#6]
It's on my list of gear to buy at The Creek this year.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#7]
The new style looks much cooler than the older style.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#8]
the major differences are the front sight housing, different folding stock & the top cover right in front of the stock.

instructions were clear and assembly was easy.  just takes a few small hand tools.  the manufacturer says 20 minutes, but expect to spend over an hour if it is your first time.  took me about 1.5 hours.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:56:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I will be getting one of these, as soon as I find a good price on a 10/22.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#10]
if you want a good price on a 10/22, go to ur pawn shop and get a used one. ur not gonna be using this this drive tacks, so get a good condition used one for around 100 bux if ur lucky
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh man!  C-4 you're a dick!    I had been thinking about one of these for a year now and the new design put me over the edge.  I'm gonna get one.  I had been looking for a used 10/22 for quite some time without success so just bought a new one (I pick it up tomorrow).  I'll order the kit when I get back from working out of town next week.  

This site sucks for my wallet.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top