Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 11:34:20 AM EDT
How well does the Romanian .22lr AK training rifle work? Any issues?

Are mags available? If they are, are there mags larger than 10 round available?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
How well does the Romanian .22lr AK training rifle work? Any issues?

Are mags available? If they are, are there mags larger than 10 round available?

I bought some of the mags from a guy at the local range and used the actual magazine inside for a hi-cap mag for a M261 unit.  The magazine for the 22lr AK looks just like a real AK mag and has a movable floor plate so the capacity can be changed from 15 rounds to 20 rounds.  If you get the 22lr AK, you can get more mags from SARCO -- here's their ad.

I don't own the .22 AK so I don't know how well they shoot. Maybe somebody here in ARF.COM has one and will talk about it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  I have a post over on the AK side asking too.

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#3]
hey ill have to check out these mags. i have a rpk 22lr. this thing is a blast.  i need to get the hi cap mags though. ten rounds dissapears way too fast. mine is a tack driver with the long rpk barrel. it shoot so smooth. i had alot of finewith mine this weekend. i shot it for like and hour. i also have a m1 carbine in 22lr as well. another fun gun. id get one of those aks. the price is right. ill tell you what i had a 10/22 that was nothin but problems. this rpk 22 put that thng to shame. just my .02 for what its worth
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#4]
hey guys i found another supplier of 20 rd 22lr mags for the ak. forrest co. 1-888-486-6247     they have em for 9.99 each
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:27:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
hey guys i found another supplier of 20 rd 22lr mags for the ak. forrest co. 1-888-486-6247     they have em for 9.99 each

That price is super for a hi-cap -- I may try Forrest co. for some myself. I don't have a 22 AK -- I use the mags for other stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top