Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 5:18:51 PM EDT
Just upgraded my 10/22 with a Whistle Pig aluminum barrel.  Is there any high velocity ammunition I should avoid?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Any Whistle Pig owners out there?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:17:05 AM EDT
[#2]
check over at rimfirecentral.com and whistle pig's site
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I have used a variety of ammo in my WP barrel and love it.  Never had any issues with any I've tried.

I have federal blue box ammo right now just because I'm halfway through the brick, and no issues whatsoever.  Shoots thumbnail-sized groups at 50 yards all day long.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:33:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have used a variety of ammo in my WP barrel and love it.  Never had any issues with any I've tried.

I have federal blue box ammo right now just because I'm halfway through the brick, and no issues whatsoever.  Shoots thumbnail-sized groups at 50 yards all day long.

Thanks for the info.  I have several hundred rounds from an earlier Federal bulk buy.  The only info on Whistle Pig's website was not to use 'hypervelocity' ammo.  Other than printing it on the box, what makes 'hypervelocity' hyper?  Is there a threshold for muzzle velocity to be considered hyper?

I emailed Whistle Pig but they would not commit to an answer...must be an legal thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top