Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2006 3:10:35 PM EDT
Today I went to the range and tried out that Wolf Made in Germany .22 ammo, it is called Match Target ammo.
At 25 yards with my Marlin Model 60 I got one of the best groups I ever got.
Nice ammo, clean, no jams in 100 yds.
I will be buying more of this stuff.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Wolf .22 is made by SK Jagd and is well known as a decent target/practice ammo for serious competitions.

SRM
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:49:06 PM EDT
[#2]
itis all i shoot in all my pistols and rifles. You should  try the super target match!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
wolf .22LR gave me FTE problems in my 10/22.  it seemed to have some sort of sticky sealant stuff between the case and the bullet, this may have contributed to the problem.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
wolf .22LR gave me FTE problems in my 10/22.  it seemed to have some sort of sticky sealant stuff between the case and the bullet, this may have contributed to the problem.

This is common on target ammo and can result in ftf in some semi autos.  FTE is probably because it is a standard velocity and may even be subsonic.

SRM
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It feeds and extracts fine in both my 10/22 rifles.  One has a GM barrel, the other a Whistle Pig (i.e., both with match chambers).  Have you changed out the stock extractor to a Volquartsen?  Makes the reliability go waaaaaay up!

Woody  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#6]
the wolf it very accurate but i do agree that the wax builds up fast and could and have caused problems
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#7]
It's clean compared to something like ELEY Tenex....

That wax is there for a reason... It coats the barrel and provides the surface that the bullet rides on. Any target ammo worth it's salt uses it, and when you change out ammo types it takes a good 50 rounds to recoat the barrel.

This can be a problem for semi-autos in cold weather but it does wonders for accuracy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top