Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 9:11:46 AM EDT
I have upgrade my 10/22 with an core lite stock and bull barrel.  I having trouble putting shell into the chamber and is now jamming alot,  is this the norm after the upgrade??

bob
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have upgrade my 10/22 with an core lite stock and bull barrel.  I having trouble putting shell into the chamber and is now jamming alot,  is this the norm after the upgrade??

bob

probably because the barrel has a match chamber...

what type of ammo are you using?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Remington thunderbolt and yellowjackets.

bob
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Remington thunderbolt and yellowjackets.

bob

There's your problem right there, most likely.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:05:41 AM EDT
[#4]
probably bentz chamber which is a bit tighter, what i noticed was that the edges of the chamber was really sharp so what i did was polished it a bit and made somewhat of a feedramp on the lower portion, after that no more feed problems
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#5]
it will loosen up with time. I wouldn't touch the chamber unless you know what you are doing... try a box of wolf match ammo... you might also want to get a volquartsen extractor since you have a tighter chamber...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#6]
+1for the volquartsen extractor.

i would avoid wolf and use some sort of copper/copper wash bullet, probably best stay away from lead bullets. the tight chamber will just shave the lead bullets and wolf have lots of wax on the bullets which will build up on the bolt face and cause more problems.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I shoot the Wolf MT ammo in both my GM barreled 10/22's.  Yes they are waxy but are very accurate.  Thumbs up on the VQ extractors, but fired rounds are extracted by blowback.  The extractor only helps with unfired rounds.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
fired rounds are extracted by blowback.  The extractor only helps with unfired rounds.

True and not true. Extraction of fired rounds is by blowback, BUT a properly functioning extractor is necessary for proper ejection. If the extractor isn't working right, you get stovepiping and similar types of malfunctions.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:26:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
fired rounds are extracted by blowback.  The extractor only helps with unfired rounds.

True and not true. Extraction of fired rounds is by blowback, BUT a properly functioning extractor is necessary for proper ejection. If the extractor isn't working right, you get stovepiping and similar types of malfunctions.

+1

stovepiping sucks but volquartsen offers the exact edge extractor to remedy it
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I got some target ammo Remington 22 Target (Standard velocity) and Federal Premium Gold Medal  Target.  Will try them next time I got the indoor range.

bob
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#11]
try out 10 rds thur the rifle tonight, 9 out of 10 feed and chamber right the last one jam before the chamber, but no biggy.

Will take rifle to the indoor range next weekend and try it out.

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top