Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2005 7:50:25 AM EDT
...but I would settle for some pics of one.

I really wish RA would slow down with the new projects and finish the old.  Their new stocks are OK, I guess, but I have been wanting the MP5 R22 ever since I heard of it.

RA seems to be running in so many directions at once, nothing ever seems to ship.

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd be happy if I could just get a simple replacement for my broken R22 stock.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#2]
And all I wish for Christmas is a new extractor and a new mag release for my R22 G1. Would be really nice to fire ten rounds in a row without a problem…

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
And all I wish for Christmas is a new extractor and a new mag release for my R22 G1. Would be really nice to fire ten rounds in a row without a problem…

You have to order a VQ extractor, $10-12 well spent.

And you prolly don't NEED a new mag catch, you just think you do....
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm going to echo what Snake said about the Volquartsen extractor. I put it off and kept seeing him swear by it, finally I ordered it. They're in the neighborhood of $10-12, and some vendors will ship it for free. I'm now at least at 99% if not 100% with my 1.5 gen. Eyeballing it, it looks like the difference is maybe 0.010" or 0.020" if I remember correctly. (However I know darn well in my industry (carburetors) that 0.010" can make a huge difference. At work, we routinely are making fine adjustments in the resolution of 0.01mm (0.0004"), which is about all we're able to actually measure.) Altho my digital caliper was sitting inches away, I didn't think to measure the difference before I installed it. And after I had done it I didn't feel like pulling it back out to find out. But yeah, for me it made all the difference in the world. I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:55:39 AM EDT
[#5]
walli -

Rimfire Sports and Custom.  Google.  That's all I'm saying wrt the VQ Extractor.  :)
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:54:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Just be sure you don't kill the cat with the extractor pin.  Slippery little bastich...

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
walli -

Rimfire Sports and Custom.  Google.  That's all I'm saying wrt the VQ Extractor.  :)

Thanks, for the tip. I have been having extracting issues with my Norrel 10/22 since I bought it. I hope this helps.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:02:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
walli -

Thanks, for the tip. I have been having extracting issues with my Norrel 10/22 since I bought it. I hope this helps.

Ouch.  For what you paid for that, I would want it to extract too.

I don't  own a FA 10/22, but I have a twin MG42/22 with linked BMF activators.  When I installed the VQ extractors, my extraction improved radically.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I hope this does the trick. I just ordered a couple of them. How long do you think these new extractors will last before they wear out? When my Norrell 10/22 does run it is the one of the coolest, funnest Mg's out there IMHO.

Any other upreades out there to maximize the performance or are no brainers as the gun is basically stock?

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:51:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How long do you think these new extractors will last before they wear out?

Gee, I dunno. How long does it take soft brass to "wear out" hardened steel? You should live so long!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:56:46 AM EDT
[#11]
That is good to know.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I got round to have a go with the Rhineland Arms R22 today. Although I no reviewer and most the time I was just having fun with it, I will post up what I found.

The rifle I had a go with was the standard barrel version which weighs 6.5lbs. The rifle did not feel front end heavy to me, even with the hollow stock. The rifle stock seemed solid enough but it is hollow and some have commented that this is a weakness, and plan to fill it with foam, I am not sure I would bother. Overall the rifle seemed well balanced and solidly built.

I had 3 different types of ammo on me 100 CCI mini-mags (hollow points), 100Winchester T22s and 50 Winchester Super X subsonics (hollow points). The CCI mini-mags functioned without fail. The Winchester T22 functioned nearly perfectly well, the problems I had were that the bolt came back too quick and caught the shell before it had fully extracted and one round that had to be fired twice (bad primer as the strike was good). The Winchester Super X subsonics again were almost perfect through the rifle, the problems were two stove pipes of unknown origin (most likely I hadn’t inserted the magazine well enough though).

The magazine I used was a well worn in plastic lipped 25 round butler creek. This worked perfectly in the rifle filled with all 25 rounds (some owners have commented they work better only filled with 15- 20 rounds).

The downsides on the rifle was that the safety can only be engaged when the rifle is cocked and that the bolt has no hold open facility.

The rifle could be screw cut and a moderator placed on the end, this would be my first job, I would probably go for an over barrel type than just adding one as this could add some length. Although I guess the barrel could be shortened first.

I did not test the accuracy very well, "must fire off magazine as quick as possible" syndrome unfortunately set in. My groupings when I did fire semi purposely to see how well it could do where about ½ inch groups.

After having a go, both my friend and myself have put our names down for one - my Walther G22 is now for sale.

For those who want to read a proper review theres one in Jan 06 Shooting sports and there should be one coming up in gun mart at some point.

The rifle I had a go with belongs to Matthew Greenall (the importer). I dont remember what the scope was, Matthew Greenall said it was a ruberised one for going on the handrails of an AR15 IIRC. The grip is not the standard one.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/MercMH/R22.jpg

Matt
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:21:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Your mysterious stovepiping and ejection problems are caused by a weak extractor. Replace that with a VQ unit and spring it they will most likely disappear.

What range were your "half inch groups"?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#14]
How much will that rifle cost?  Is it a complete gun or just a stock?  I want one too.

Thanks,
Dan.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#15]
It is a complete weapon.. the only things it use's from the 10/22 is the Bolt and The Magazine if i remember correctly...

for a sorce of parts i recomend http://www.weaponkraft.itgo.com/photo3.html i bought a bolt buffer and a bell and carson mag release from him and his shipping is free..
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I was at 20 - 25 yards so should have been more accurate, but i put the shooting down to to me rather than the rifle. The feel i got of it was the rifle was putting rounds exctly where i was putting them.

Matt
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Has ANYONE heard anything from RA about the MP5 version lately?

The last thing I read was "by Christmas", but I bet they are concentrating on the new stock instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top