Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2005 6:15:35 PM EDT
I want to put a aperature type of sights on my 10/22. Which sight is best out of the Williams Sight and Zepher Sight for my 10/22? I dont care about the front sights, I just want the best aperature rear sight for a 10/22. Which one is more reliable, shock proof, easier to adjust to zero?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
ive hear williams are better, but ive never used them myself. id like to get some like that as well, once i find a different gun to put my BSA red-dot on. doesnt seem right having that on a 10/22....
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi,
   There will be another option shortly. Tech-SIGHTS is bringing to market a compete sighting system for the Ruger 10/22 that gives the rifle a full service rifle sight picture.
http://thumbs.photo.net/photo/3820465-sm.jpg
http://thumbs.photo.net/photo/3820477-sm.jpg
http://thumbs.photo.net/photo/3827585-sm.jpg
The tooling is finished and we expect to deliver sights sometime in February or March.
The quality will be the same as our sights for the SKS. We have not posted anything on our
website  www.Tech-SIGHTS.com yet but will be shortly.
The sights will use AR compatible apertures and front posts, this will give the shooter options for sight components.

Larry Nesseth
Tech-SIGHTS

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hi,
   There will be another option shortly. Tech-SIGHTS is bringing to market a compete sighting system for the Ruger 10/22 that gives the rifle a full service rifle sight picture.
thumbs.photo.net/photo/3820465-sm.jpg
thumbs.photo.net/photo/3820477-sm.jpg
thumbs.photo.net/photo/3827585-sm.jpg
The tooling is finished and we expect to deliver sights sometime in February or March.
The quality will be the same as our sights for the SKS. We have not posted anything on our
website  www.Tech-SIGHTS.com yet but will be shortly.
The sights will use AR compatible apertures and front posts, this will give the shooter options for sight components.

Larry Nesseth
Tech-SIGHTS

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!!!

There's a HUGE chance of me buying a stock 10/22 carbine...JUST for this sighting system.  
I'd make the rifle dedicated for this sight only.  I was looking for something like this awhile back, and never found quite what I wanted.

THANK YOU.  I'll be looking forward to the release in feb. or march.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for replying to my post, I will try out the tech sight for my 10/22 before i buy anything else. How much will it cost when it is released to the public?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#5]
TechSights, could I offer a suggestion? Make the rear sight mount full-length, and equip it with either 3/8" dovetail or a couple of Weaver slots. That way you can bolt on a scope in high rings for ammo testing, or if you need one, and take it off for the opens. No other 10/22 peep I'm aware of has this.

I'd like it more if it were a bit lower--say 1/4" And it would look a little better if the rear "ears" were moved forward a half inch to an inch. But that's just picky. This is a good idea.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#6]
i think you can just drill and tap those kinds of rails yourself. Its possible.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:51:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I have found that the Zepher Sights are crap.  They are cheap plastic crap.  The Williams sights are much better, but the elevation is not "click" adjustable.

The Tech-SIGHT looks awesome!  I want one now!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:48:06 AM EDT
[#8]
LAw27,

Very exciting!

A question:  How does the front sight mount?  I have a cut-back and threaded stock 10/22 barrel.  Cut back to 16.1 inches and threaded to accept accessories like a leagally owned sound suppressor.  Being cut back, my barrel has no front sight.   Originally, I thought I'd simply use a scope, but I really prefer the peep sight option.

I'd really like to utilize your sights when they are available, but need to know how the front sight is mounted.  If it makes use of the existing fron sight, what do think I'd need to do in ordeer to install your system?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:39:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you for your comments.
The tenative pricing will be $55.00 for the TSR100. This sight will have a windage adjustable, dual flip type aperture like an AR15. It will include the front tower assembly that mounts in the 3/8 dovtail, replacing the original blade sight. This front tower assembly will accept AR front posts and will allow for elevation adjustments. Because the apertures and posts are compatible with the AR, it will give shooter a wide choice of sight pictures.
The TSR200 will have an evevation adjustable aperture in place of the flip aperture. This will allow for windage and elevation adjustment at the rear sight. It  also includes the front sight tower as well. The price for the TSR200 will be $69.00.
The adjustments are detent locking for good stability.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:10:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the email response!  For those interested, the front sight tower uses the dovetail that the stock front sight uses.  All you need to do is drift out the stock sight and push this one in...  Very nice!

Now I need to find a smith that can put a dovetail back on my cut down barrel.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:09:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Jeff,
  The Ruger barrel has a enlarged diameter at the end, that allows the dovtail to be higher than if the dovetail were cut on the smaller section of the barrel. I think that the best bet would be to make a sleave with the same outside diameter of the original enlarged part of the barrel. Have the dovetail cut in the sleave so that it is the same distance above the centerline of the barrel as the original.

Larry
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:13:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thank you for your comments.
The tenative pricing will be $55.00 for the TSR100. This sight will have a windage adjustable, dual flip type aperture like an AR15. It will include the front tower assembly that mounts in the 3/8 dovtail, replacing the original blade sight. This front tower assembly will accept AR front posts and will allow for elevation adjustments. Because the apertures and posts are compatible with the AR, it will give shooter a wide choice of sight pictures.
The TSR200 will have an evevation adjustable aperture in place of the flip aperture. This will allow for windage and elevation adjustment at the rear sight. It  also includes the front sight tower as well. The price for the TSR200 will be $69.00.
The adjustments are detent locking for good stability.

law27,
I hope you don't mind, I started a thread at RimfireCentral about your sighting system.  The thread is in the "anything 10/22" section.  I figured those guys would like to know about this too.

As simple as this is, It makes me wonder why it took this long for someone to make this sight for the 10/22.  Williams are OK, but lack a real positive "click" adjustment.  Anywho, THANKS.  
I'm sure these will sell well.  I'll be buying one for sure.    
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:37:52 AM EDT
[#13]
sweet, I can't wait for these to hit the market.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:41:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks, Larry!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#15]
old topic, but the tech-sights website has it on it now

I'm almost too impatient to wait until march
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#16]
getting techs for sks and 10/22 soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top