Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 2:22:39 PM EDT
Hey there all knowing fellas...

I've got a Marlin 60 that's about 10 yrs old. I am not the original owner, and the previous owner must never have heard of  brake cleaner or Hoppes. The trigger group had more sand and grit in it than an Iraqi's sandals.  So I very carefully took apart the trigger group, and then spent the next 6 hours looking for all the springs in my 20 yr old brown shag carpet.  I put everthing back together properly after a few attempts (there is very little info that i've founf on the net to be useful).

Soooooo, now everything works just dandy, with the exception being the bolt does not hold open as intended on the last shot.  As I do not intend this to be anything other than a fun gun, it's not a major issue. Only thing is, I'm the kind of guy who wants everything to work as it should, no questions asked.

So, any of you Marlin experts wanna throw me a bone on this one?

-btw, please spare me the get a 10/22 stuff. I've got one.

Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I own a Marlin M60 and from what I understand there was a time that the M60 did not have the bolt hold open on the last shot.

I am not sure of the dates except I bought my M60 in 1990 and it has the bolt hold open. My friend who has a real old M60 (actually a M99 with a 20rd tube) does not have the bolt hold open.

w00t! found this on the web....

In 1985 all of Marlin's tubular-magazine-fed semi-automatics received a bolt hold-open that locked the bolt open after the last round in the magazine was fired and that could be used to manually lock the bolt open.

so if yours is older than 1985 it will not have a bolt hold open
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
so if yours is older than 1985 it will not have a bolt hold open

And it must mean you put it back together right
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:04:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help guys, but I decided to take a real long look at it again last night, and figured it out. Turns out that the spring that operates the case feed lever and the bolt hold open just needed tweaked a bit.

I'm sorry for the obviously incorrect terminology, but it's early and I can't  find my fuzzy old break down sheet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top