Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2005 4:00:26 AM EDT
I feel like I have made a made a major accomplishment.  I completely disassembled my 10/22 for a major cleaning.  I had never taken the trigger pack apart before, I would just try to clean it out with a Q-tip or something.  The 10/22 was the only gun in my arsenal that I had not completely disassembled.  The trigger was getting very gritty and I could hear stuff crunching and grinding down in there (approximately 10,000+/- rounds).  The last trip to the range I had ran an entire brick of Thunderbolts through it and it hadn’t been cleaned before that trip.  So I figured that it shouldn’t be that hard to strip it down and put it back together, I was correct it wasn’t that bad at all.  The only trouble I had was getting the hammer back in, after I figured out how I was screwing that up everything was easy.  Everything is working very well now and I can’t wait to get it back out and get it dirty again.  I have got to get a Volq. hammer.  Does anyone have a technique to clean Buttler Creek Hot Lips magazine, mine are looking pretty dirty.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:01:19 AM EDT
[#1]
+1 on the Volq hammer, besides a new barrel they are probably the first thing I put in when building a 10/22.  

Digital
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:35:39 AM EDT
[#2]
tag for the BC cleaning.

Btw, why change out the hammer?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:46:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
tag for the BC cleaning.

Btw, why change out the hammer?

Much lighter trigger pull.

Digital
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#4]
You can fill them with water and liquid soap, shake it around and dump it out, then repeat. When it's clean and free of soap residue, use a air compressor or hair dryer on it.
Hoppes works well too.

I know for a fact that a 50/50 solution of salt and rubbing alcohol works wonders on glass and other surfaces that the salt wont ruin. I don't think you would see any problems from using it on your mags, as long as you remove all salt before you dry the mag.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I take whole trigger assembly turn on end and use brake cleaner with the little spout until all the crud comes out,same with receiver . I clean barrel with regular bore cleaner then lightley oil with break free more wear occures on disassemble then anywhere else. I hope you have a buffer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top