Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 11:20:46 PM EDT
Just curious if there's a commercially available device to keep the bolt on the 10/22 from cycling.   I'm interested in eliminating action noise on my 10/22 when shooting with the suppressor.  I can make one myself but was curious if there's a less hokey looking one on the market.   ??
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:02:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Tagged for future info.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:28:46 AM EDT
[#2]
i remember a thread about this either here or on rimfirecentral.com and think the answer was no.

you could get one of the weaponkraft buffers, it quiets it down quite a bit.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I used my thumb.  Discovered that  once I had the gun set-up right with chamfered bolt etc so it would run on quiet ammo, that it didn't make that much difference.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#4]
You can Build your-self a set up, Like the TEK used to reduce bolt bounce in their full auto conversions.  It locks the bolt closed during cycling check out http://www.gunsite1.com/RugerY/RugerY.html for info on building the part.  It is trick but you'll have to rig some way of unlocking it other then the designed method.   762. out
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:59:58 AM EDT
[#5]
There is nothing on the market.

If you make one yourself, some reinforcing may be in order since the receiver is aluminum.

Here is something to consider:  Drill a hole in the stock (and receiver?) behind the ejection port and around 1/2" below... You need to drill through the receiver, trigger group and the right side of the stock. You will need a rod that is say 1/4" dia. and long enough to be able to touch the left (in)side of the stock when inserted in the hole, plus enough to be bent at a 90° angle and touch the bolt handle.... Eh, I'll just do a quick MSpaint mock for you:

This isn't something I've made (no interest for me), so I can't say if it will get in the way of any parts... but the BHO comes to mind.

It's simple, and will work. It's made up of only one part (if you want it to be immediately removable) and you can make a plug for the hole while the rod is removed. If you want it to stay in the receiver for a extended time, you can (think of other ways) drill a hole in the rod near the wall of the inside of the receiver, then slip a washer or two over the rod and stick a pin in the hole... Yes, there are other ways of keeping it in there and also other methods of holding the bolt closed, but I'll leave that up to you to think of them.

Here's a bit of a tip, buy a can of liquid rubber and dip the forward end of the rod in it so that it won't mar the bolt handle.

ETA: Imade a typo in the pic, it shouls say "rod" instead of "pin".
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#6]
weak ammo cabelas sells it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:51:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Duct tape also comes to mind.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
weak ammo cabelas sells it.

All you get with low powered ammo is a half cycle and malfunction, and there's no way in hell I'm going to use duct tape on my rifle.

I've been told before about how to make one myself, I'll do it  and see how it comes out.   If it's not a complete hokey POS I'll post a photo when I'm done.   Probably wont get to it till next week though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#9]
http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5329

Chief Dave's  mod, "uses the crosspin in the trigger assembly
to lock the device into position, just like when used
as a hold open situation. (which it can still be used to do)."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top