Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 1:10:41 PM EDT
Will a 10-22 receicer accecpt any 10-22 barrel or can the barrel only be replaced with the size that is already on it ? I would like to build a custom rifle with a .920 barrel and have a standard 10-22 carbine now. Any help would be apperciated.

Burl1
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
you can put a bull barrel (.920) on any standard 10/22 receiver. I started with an off the shelf walmart special and have since added a bull barrel, stock, etc. You will have no problems...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks buddy, that's what I was hoping. It's off to the sporting goods store I go.

Burl1
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Uh..the problem will be with the STOCK..If you have a tapered target barrel and you goto a BULL barrel it wont fit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm planning on using a Richards Microfit Gunstock. They have a cool blue color stock that looks like a McMillan tactical stock. It is made to fit the larger non taper barrels. Thanks for the heads up though.

Burl1
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm planning on using a Richards Microfit Gunstock. They have a cool blue color stock that looks like a McMillan tactical stock. It is made to fit the larger non taper barrels. Thanks for the heads up though.

Burl1

burl1, let us know how you like that stock when you get it...I've been looking at those off and on for a while.  

I think you can get any of those designs...the 10/22 is one of their "99% Press Fit" model...in any color or wood...the price varies, obviously.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#6]
cabelas sells the hole set barrel stock and i think it might come with the tool. very cheap. very good.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#7]
BTW, I've had very good luck with the 2 Green Mountain barrels I've got.  10 rounds into a 9mm sized hole all day, literally, from both of them.  They *really* like the cheap Wolf...match target, I think it is.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:17:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Fenian, Green Mountain barrel was the way I am planning on going. Stainless fluted.

Burl1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top