Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I overwrote the old pics...
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you just shoot your pool?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I should have.  It takes almost two days for that thing to drain...

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats actually pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:30:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:20:02 AM EDT
[#6]
That was just one gun.  I've added another and created a twin mount on an old telescope tripod.

I'm still working on it.  I need to add an extension to raise the mount a couple of inches so the mags won't bump the tripod, I need to mount and connect the BMF activators and dink around with the ring sight.  In theory, with the guns firing alternately, the combined cyclic rate will be around 1000rpm.

It will be ready for the MG shoot at Camden, TN in a month.  Working on an order for .22lr tracer right now.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm home now and love the pics of your twin mounted MG-42/22's!!!  I hope to do this conversion someday and I like the way that yours turned out compared to the article that I sent you from SAR on the twin that he set up.  Are you going to use a similar system to mount and connect the BMF Activators that was in that article?  I believe he had four lobes per trigger which meant with every turn of the crank it resulted in eight shots being fired.  You did a fine job with your twin conversion and look forward to hearing how it works at the Camden MG shoot.  If I ever find time to start a project this winter I'll be in contact with you on more technical ideas from your twin conversion.  Thanks again for the update and the pics!

Heh.  Wait until you see the video I plan to shoot at Camden.  I have 100 rounds of .22lr tracer on order.  Twin tracer streams!

Yeah, I'm going to link the BMF Activators like in the article.  

I put an extension between the mount and tripod this morning.  That should keep the mags from hitting the tripod legs.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:02:01 AM EDT
[#9]
it apears you are seting up a ambush to murder your kids when they get out of the pool. Or you are gonna line them up and shoot them in the back and they will fall in the pool. Eather way something the nazis would do.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:31:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
it apears you are seting up a ambush to murder your kids when they get out of the pool. Or you are gonna line them up and shoot them in the back and they will fall in the pool. Eather way something the nazis would do.

Dude, you need help...
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:41:12 AM EDT
[#11]
thats what they tell me. In every war movie i always see troops geting shot and they fall into watter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top