Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2005 4:35:55 PM EDT
Sportsmansguide has Ram-Line mags and Eagle mags for sale. Just wondering if either are any good. The Eagle 30 rounders are 3 for $25.00 and the Ram-line ones are $20 for 25rds, $25 for 30rds and $30 for 50rds..
Im sure this has been discussed a million times but I need to know which are any good..
Thanks alot
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#1]
None of the above.  Stick to Ruger factory 10 rounders or Butler Creek Steel Lips 25rounders.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sportsmansguide has Ram-Line mags and Eagle mags for sale. Just wondering if either are any good. The Eagle 30 rounders are 3 for $25.00 and the Ram-line ones are $20 for 25rds, $25 for 30rds and $30 for 50rds..
Im sure this has been discussed a million times but I need to know which are any good..
Thanks alot

I own a 50rnd and two 30rnd from Ram-line and I have not had any problems with them. I have had feeding problems with the Butler Creek 25rnd mags though.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#3]
never used eagle. ramline has been very spotty.  butler creek has been the best for me.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#4]
i have never had any luck with anything aftermarket.

no hi-caps i have ever used has given good results.

condors
ramlines
butler creek hotlips
butler creek steelips

none work, the best i have used is the stock box mags which have a bunch of bricks through them without a single failure

i have heard great results with the new tactical innovations mags.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:32:35 AM EDT
[#5]
bump as I've seen these ram-line mags at gander mtn... also wondering about compatability with the butler creek speed loader device (any issues with other than hot-lips mags?)
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
None of the above.  Stick to Ruger factory 10 rounders or Butler Creek Steel Lips 25rounders.  

+1
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:56:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

are all Butler Creek 25 rd mags steel lipped?  I have some pre AWB Butler creeks, don't see any metal on them
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

are all Butler Creek 25 rd mags steel lipped?  I have some pre AWB Butler creeks, don't see any metal on them

there are steellips and there are hotlips two different mags
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had great luck with Butler Creek Hot Lips and Steel Lips 25 round mags.  The only two Ram-lines I have, (30 round mags) are worse than junk.  All during the ban I could have sold them for $50 each but I could not bring myself to even give them away to some unsuspecting SOB.  They are that bad IMO.
I have not tried Eagle but a very good friend bought 3 of them right before the ban went into affect. They are worse than my Ram-Lines if that is possible.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Big Bore..What do you want for your Ram-line 30's? I've had good results with the older RL's in my gun, but it doesn't seem to care for the new production RL's.

Please send me a PM if you are willing to let them go for a reasonable price...

Thx
TD
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The factory mags are crap mine came broken i didn't even get a chance to break them my self. For some reason the first 2 and the last 2 rounds would be the only to come out of the mag.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:41:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The factory mags are crap mine came broken i didn't even get a chance to break them my self. For some reason the first 2 and the last 2 rounds would be the only to come out of the mag.

when you say broken do you mean that it was cracked or do you mean broken as non-functioning?

if its just not functioning properly then go here and scroll down to #5 and follow the instructions.

if it was broken broken then you should have contacted ruger.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:21:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought a ram line 25 rounder, and the first time i loaded and shot it, about half fired and i had to manually eject the rest, kinda an every other one kinda thing.  but i reloaded the mag and tried it again, and every one fired.  it had continued to work fine for me since then, but i think i will stick to buttlers
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got 4 10 round Hot Lips, and they work great.  Now that the ban is done, I keep meaning to pick up some 25 rounders, but haven't gotten around to it yet.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:48:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
i have heard great results with the new tactical innovations mags.

gotta link?

ETA: disregard, found the thread. think i'll stick with stock mags for now...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:00:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

when you say broken do you mean that it was cracked or do you mean broken as non-functioning?

if its just not functioning properly then go here and scroll down to #5 and follow the instructions.

As not working they looked fine from the out side they feed first 2 and last 2 rounds but none in the middle.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As not working they looked fine from the out side they feed first 2 and last 2 rounds but none in the middle.

try the mag tune and see if that works

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top