Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2005 12:44:57 PM EDT
      I have a stainless 10/22 that I want to accurise, probably going to use a Green mountain 16 in barrel and a cheap synthetic stock. The reiever has a few little scratches that I want cleaned up and ive also decided that I would prefer a matt black finish. Has anyone here duracoated a 10/22? how did it hold up and how did the prep it for application?

Also I was wondering if I should still get the stainless barrel because I am worried how it will hold up. I dont have a sandblaster or an air compressor, can I roughen up the surface with fine sandpaper instead?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
      I have a stainless 10/22 that I want to accurise, probably going to use a Green mountain 16 in barrel and a cheap synthetic stock. The reiever has a few little scratches that I want cleaned up and ive also decided that I would prefer a matt black finish. Has anyone here duracoated a 10/22? how did it hold up and how did the prep it for application?

Also I was wondering if I should still get the stainless barrel because I am worried how it will hold up. I dont have a sandblaster or an air compressor, can I roughen up the surface with fine sandpaper instead?

Good question. Ive done and seen alot of ARs, shotguns and even tactical .308s but not any 10/22s and Im curious about the SS barrel being Duracoated.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:29:41 AM EDT
[#2]
With SS barrels I don't know if duracoat will stick, but a short drive from me here in MI. there is a shop called M&R arms in mt. Clemens that using a product called Diamondkote, it is probly like duracoat.  I had it done to my SS knight muzzel loader in mate black.  It ran $200.00 for the whole rifle and all I had to do was drop it off at the shop.  If interested do a search engine for diamondkote.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top