Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2005 2:40:00 PM EDT
My Ruger is in the midst of a change, like most of them out there.

Barrel is at SWR being threaded....getting it ready for a SWR Warlock suppressor.

Trigger assembly has been replaced with a drop in Volqsqaurtsen 2000.

Now I am going to get a differant scope base, thinking of a Weaver style base.

Now what to optics to install, I could stay with the Tasco scope I have for it, it is rubber armored and has a A.O  it is a 3-12x40

Or maybe a Eotech?    

The bad thing is, after I sent off the factory barrle to be threaded, I stopped in at my NFA dealer, only to see a Ruger 10/22 with bull barrle he had turned down with the same model suppressor that I am getting, and I really liked the way it looked and shot, so now I need to see about getting a .920 barrel and sending it off to be cut down and threaded.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I have my .920 threaded 5/8- 24 for my .30 Shadow and love it. I can beleive I ignored the Ruger for all those years.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:25:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
 ...Trigger assembly has been replaced with a drop in Volqsqaurtsen 2000...

How do you like this trigger?  Been thinking about getting one for a while now.

Dg84
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 ...Trigger assembly has been replaced with a drop in Volqsqaurtsen 2000...

How do you like this trigger?  Been thinking about getting one for a while now.

Dg84

it's a nice trigger but the safety button is oversized so some modding to the stock might be necesssary even if the stock is also made by Voquartsen.
It did on mine so I said screw the mods to the stock and replaced the safety button with the stock one, kind of a PITA the first time you do it due to little pins and springs flying, oops
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:25:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I like it, very nice, crisp and light.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Barrel is at SWR being threaded....getting it ready for a SWR Warlock suppressor.

Now what to optics to install, I could stay with the Tasco scope I have for it, it is rubber armored and has a A.O  it is a 3-12x40

Or maybe a Eotech?    

The bad thing is, after I sent off the factory barrle to be threaded, I stopped in at my NFA dealer, only to see a Ruger 10/22 with bull barrle he had turned down with the same model suppressor that I am getting, and I really liked the way it looked and shot, so now I need to see about getting a .920 barrel and sending it off to be cut down and threaded.

1shott -

I am also waiting on a SWR warlock right now and have been looking for somewhere to send a .920 barrel to get threaded.  How much did SWR charge to get the barrel threaded?  Do they send it back with a thread protector?

Nick
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:45:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or maybe a Eotech?    

1shott -

I am also waiting on a SWR warlock right now and have been looking for somewhere to send a .920 barrel to get threaded.  How much did SWR charge to get the barrel threaded?  Do they send it back with a thread protector?

Nick

SWR charged $75 to thread the barrel, and yes that includes a thread protector and return shipping. I dont know if a .920 barrel would be more, you would have to ask them.

I got to fire my Warlock a week or so ago, at the dealers place, man that is one sweet suppressor, cant wait.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:43:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:08:30 AM EDT
[#8]
a little more will get you a kidd.

way better than the tg2000  IMHO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top