Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2005 2:10:22 PM EDT
Is there a manufacturer that offers a magazine-fed semi-auto rifle that chambers .22 shorts?  I've seen conversion kits costing way more than the cost of a new rifle, but I'd rather have a rifle set up for .22 shorts.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Winchester model 74, manufactured from 1939-1952 semi-auto tube fed magazine. Accurate & reliable. I've dropped many birds & other critters with mine.

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Remington 550 0r 551,  uncertain which model is the short.

Browning made the takedown 22 short auto.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:19:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Why?

Just to be able to use .22 shorts?

If you just want the same level of performance there are plenty of standard .22 loadings that fit the bill.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:07:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the great recomendations.  I think the best bet is to get the subsonic load for the 10/22.  On the other hand a lever action 22 would just about fit into the safe if I rearrange things just right...
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 1:05:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Remington made the 550-I semi, which shoots shorts, longs, and long rifles,  I have one that used to be my grnadfathers.  It cycles shorts fine, as long as they're not the CB shorts (not quite enough ooomph to cycle the floating bolt).   reasonably accurat, and reliable when kept clean.

Browning made their semi in .22 short at one time, but it would only fire shorts (no longs or long rifles).  

If you really want a tube fed gun to shoot shorts, you may have to go with a lever or pump gun.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top