Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2005 8:40:37 AM EDT
I have decided that I NEED a 17H2!

I know many folks think that it's a solution to a non-existent problem but I really like the 17's.  

I want a bolt gun.  I think I have it narrowed down to a Savage Mark II - BVSS (Laminate Stock - SS) or a Marlin 917M2S (same Laminate Stock - SS configuration).  I am familiar with the Marlins as I have a few of them already, 17VS, 883SS, 70PSS, 60 (all pre-T-900 trigger versions).  I technically have two Savages but they are Mark I Youth single shots that are both still NIB that I'm saving for my kids as their first rifles.  I've never shot a Savage rimfire.

Seeing as how they are very similar in configuration I can't decide which one that I want.  Any suggestions and or real-life experiences would be appreciated in helping me decide.

Thanks,

SBF
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Savage 93R17.  I haven't shot the 17M2, but my Savage 17 HMR shoots really well.  Hope that helps you a little bit.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you looked at the price of ammo?
I about pissed myself when i saw i could shoot PMC .223 for the same price.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:44:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Have you looked at the price of ammo?
I about pissed myself when i saw i could shoot PMC .223 for the same price.

Yea, I'm aware of the ammo prices.  It is less expensive than 17 HMR.  I shoot a lot of specialty .22 ammo as well so paying more for a box is something I'm used to.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
FYI - Dick's Sporting Goods has a sale on the Savage 93R-F in either 17HMR or 17M2 for $149.98.  Pretty good price if you have one of their stores in your area.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:09:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
FYI - Dick's Sporting Goods has a sale on the Savage 93R-F in either 17HMR or 17M2 for $149.98.  Pretty good price if you have one of their stores in your area.  

Nice deal.  Believe it or not, I got my Savage 17 used for $100 with a scope.  It's definitely a shooter even in my hands.  I was going to buy the more expensive CZ rifle, which is sweet gun in its own right.  One of my uncles loves the 17 HMR but switched the Mach 2 since he's on a pretty tight budget.  I think the M2 is pretty reasonable all things considered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top